Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tow on lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow on lakes

I recently fished High Flyer Lakes with the lads from TA and became frustrated with my long line(5m). I fished a 2g float to try and combat the tow but even with such a heavy float it still went through at a rate of knots. I dare say a few others suffered the same problems.

Can anyone shed any light on how to combat the tow. I fished it with a good length of line between tip and float and fished it dead depth. I could have gone over depth and slowed it down a touch but even with 2gs the float still sat at an angle suggesting when it had a tight line the bottom of the rig was arcing upwards and not staying on the bottom.

Any advice welcome
    [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Originally posted by keith View Post
    I recently fished High Flyer Lakes with the lads from TA and became frustrated with my long line(5m). I fished a 2g float to try and combat the tow but even with such a heavy float it still went through at a rate of knots. I dare say a few others suffered the same problems.

Can anyone shed any light on how to combat the tow. I fished it with a good length of line between tip and float and fished it dead depth. I could have gone over depth and slowed it down a touch but even with 2gs the float still sat at an angle suggesting when it had a tight line the bottom of the rig was arcing upwards and not staying on the bottom.

Any advice welcome
    try bulking your shot closer to the hook try 3-4 inches from your hook.

Comment

Fish further out,in the middle the tow will be non existant,and will get less and less the further u fish out.Or fish with a little paternostered ssg or 2 to hold it still but stll fish about dead depth.

Comment

May sound very odd to you but fish quite a long insert waggler on the pole with back shot size ten,eight or six shot just play arround with this but dont be worried to have even more shot on above the float
        Have the bulk down the line even a small olivette. then have a string of four our five munumber 13 or 12 stots about five inches appart.
        Play arround with the depth sometimes you may need to lay all of them on the bottom sometimes not and have it dead depth or just off, only when you start to get bites will you know,but it is worth the effort.
        May sound a little crude to you but the method is really deadly.even a bite from a 1oz bit will be very positive either burying the float or lifting the insert .
        Please remeber to bury the line and have the pole tip slightly under water as well.
        In the winter months when the tow can be really bad,this method fished with caster is a killer

Comment

Working...
        X