Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Evesham Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evesham Finals

Anyone know who won the two finals at Evesham over the weekend, Shakespear (Saturday) and Abu Garcia (Sunday).

Cheers

Darren Cox saturday & Wayne Swinscoe today.

Comment

According to the tannoy today with 2 hours to go the winning weight was just over 2lb.
      The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Cheers lads.

Comment

Evesham

Wayne weighed in 6-10-8
          IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED STUFF IT

Comment

It fished god awful on sunday, no roach at all, or big fish for that matter, just 'fag papers'- bleak and tiny dace, and Wayne did brilliantly to catch 6-10 of them , bearing in mind he had nothing over an ounce. That said, the area where he drew from 26 - 30 ( he was on 28) is the the only area where you can put a number of them together, most other pegs there are just enough there to be a nuisance.
            I'm glad the weekend is over!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
              According to the tannoy today with 2 hours to go the winning weight was just over 2lb.
              What day were you there? We went on saturday and there was no tannoy at all apart from the 2 muppets aka-Hall and Mortimer!which was just 2 speakers and a microphone inside the tented village! First time i have been on the saturday for many a year,was the tannoy along the whole length put up for the Wychavon on sunday?
              I can only say that without the Tannoy along the whole length of the match the atmosphere was totally gone,no one new what was going on along the stretch unless they sat outside the table where Kermit and Bonzo were!
              Also its about time Evesham council started some sort of re-stocking programme on the river!
              We know there are fish in there, but surely the odd Ton of roach every 6months could only help!
              HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

And how would you propose to keep any stocked fish in the area, there is abosolutely no way you could guarantee that the stopped there.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                  And how would you propose to keep any stocked fish in the area, there is abosolutely no way you could guarantee that the stopped there.
                  No guarantee they wont stay either! is there?

Comment

15lb won on Monday when they fished B & J with plenty of good backing weights, that tells you there are plenty of fish, its just water clarity thats the problem with conventional baits. I dont suppose the weight were made up[ of big fish either.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

We was there Sunday buying some gear when a voice boomed out the weight I posted, my wife remarked about it being a low weight, I don't think we will go again because the tackle stalls wasn't like in previous years, even the groungbait stall in the corner is in different hands and has nothing to offer. cheaper in the tackle shops.

Comment

We was there Sunday buying some gear when a voice boomed out the weight I posted, my wife remarked about it being a low weight, I don't think we will go again because the tackle stalls wasn't like in previous years, even the groungbait stall in the corner is in different hands and has nothing to offer. cheaper in the tackle shops.
                        Hi Jeff
                        Was the tannoy all the way down to the ferry on sunday with the old boy from E.D.A.A on the michrophone?

Comment

Come to think of it it sounded just amongst the stalls but it was loud and the guy knew some of the weights, who he was I don't know.

Comment

Come to think of it it sounded just amongst the stalls but it was loud and the guy knew some of the weights, who he was I don't know.
                            Hmmm it was only in the tented village on saturday so anyone walking along to the ferry had no idea what was going on! it took away alot of the atmosphere and totally detached the ferry end from the town.First time in 20 years of going i havent really enjoyed it,with the ferry breakfast the only good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
                              What day were you there? We went on saturday and there was no tannoy at all apart from the 2 muppets aka-Hall and Mortimer!which was just 2 speakers and a microphone inside the tented village! First time i have been on the saturday for many a year,was the tannoy along the whole length put up for the Wychavon on sunday?
                              I can only say that without the Tannoy along the whole length of the match the atmosphere was totally gone,no one new what was going on along the stretch unless they sat outside the table where Kermit and Bonzo were!
                              Also its about time Evesham council started some sort of re-stocking programme on the river!
                              We know there are fish in there, but surely the odd Ton of roach every 6months could only help!
                              I enquired about the lack of tannoy, and apparently some new health and safety regulation stipulated that the cable had to be of one continuous length i.e. no joins from one end of the stretch to the other. This cost the comittee £1000, and when certain previous acts of vandalism were factored in ( I.e. the cable being cut in a number of places last year allegedly by a certain person in a big white house overlooking the river who didn't like the noise) it was deemed not to be viable this year. however I had a word with Dave Harrell who told me that the tannoy would be back for next year. I agree, although it was nice not to listen to John Davies saying 'Welcum To Evershum' 100 times on the sunday, overall the tannoy adds massively to the atmosphere. Stops all the chinese whispers too- on saturday, the gossip that I heard was that Swinno had 3 chub for 7lb AND a 3lb plus perch and loads of bits! Makes it more interesting for those of us catching sod all too!!

Comment

Working...
                              X