Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Double pole elastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double pole elastic

Please can anyone explain the best way to double elasticate my pole (power tops)? also what the pros and cons are. I live and fish in Spain. Our waters can termed as margin type fishing although at times we do fish on open resevours. All the fish are either carp or barbel so strong tackle is required.
    OzzinSpain :cool:

just recently tried double elastic and can't get on with it at all, tried a double solid no8 for fishing for lumps and found even set as soft as possible it powers up far to quickly resulting in a lot of hook pulls, i'll be taking it out this weekend and replaceing with standard no10 which i had in before and in my opinion works much better.

Comment

Twice the cost of a length of single solid and whats wrong with that??!!

Comment

Nice to see your up and about Nathan and your usual practical self, you going to Pontins?

Comment

Ive been using doubled elastic for a while now.

Its very soft on the strike so it prevents you bumping fish but it soon powers up as the fish try to run.

To elasticate it just fold a peice of elastic in half and thread it through your top kit. Make sure the kit is cut down so the elastic can slide in and out easily. I use a Pulla Bung with all my top kits.

Comment

Originally posted by paulb View Post
            just recently tried double elastic and can't get on with it at all, tried a double solid no8 for fishing for lumps and found even set as soft as possible it powers up far to quickly resulting in a lot of hook pulls, i'll be taking it out this weekend and replaceing with standard no10 which i had in before and in my opinion works much better.
            Just wondered if you replaced your 10 with a double 8, your double 8 will perform more like a 14 when the power kicks in. If I were to use an equivalent for a ten i'd use a doubled 6
            Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Elastic.

Ive found that the only one i get on with is doubled 4 for winter F1s.
              The rest i find too harsh, even when set soft.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Working...
              X