Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

World Champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Champs

Just got news that Stu Conroy runs the bank tomorrow.
    Every section will be split into 3 giving 3 potential 1 pointers in each section every day. Means weight may be the deciding factor in both team and individual places.
    Will has caught bream between 4 & 7lb every day he has tried for one and had two in last ten minutes in today's practise to go with 3k of roach.

Day One tomorrow...
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

World Champs

Cheers for that Steve.
    Really hope all the home nations do well.
    Would love to see Steve Gardner get gold, Think he deserves it after all these years.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

If you want to watch an interview from a Dutch reporter with your team captain Mark Downs and Tamas walter look at this site;
      Sportvissers - Actueel WK Update: interview Mark Downes en Tamas Walter - Sportvisserij Nederland

It will give you an impression of the venue and the fish that are to be caught.
      Last edited by Roha; 4 September 2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

And my mate Tom, he could be a good call for individual gold. I suspect the venue is similar to Willebroek where he won his first title.

Check out:

Comment

Good call Steve.
          But team gold will be the holy grail for the lads. Let's hope they bring it home.
          My prediction is.
          1st England.
          2nd Holland.
          3rd Belgium.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I think England and Belgium will battle it out for gold...

By the way, all my info is coming from Brian, my partner in V2V DVDs, he is following Will's every move for next month's emag. Check out the ad at the top left of this page for more details.

Check out:

Comment

After Day One:
              Russia 1st
              France 2nd
              England 3rd

Alan Scotthorne and Steve Gardener both won their sections, Will Raison 2nd, Des Shipp 3rd

Check out:

Comment

Good news, england normally come on strong on day 2. Keep us informed steve. cheers
                Steve Davies

Comment

Thanks for the info - Russia and France must have had impressive section scores!

Comment

Sean Ashby had 11 points to set England back a bit. Given the new section splits he must have been almost last in section.

Check out:

Comment

The Dutch and Belgians must have drawn rank.

Comment

He beat 2.

Comment

This should be interesting today we have drawn next to Russians in 4 from 5 sections, Will Des and Alan being 3 of our guys next to them
                          we are 6 points behind the russians,

Steve G has drawn the same section he was on yesterday of which he won,

Stu Conroy is in the team at last and Sean has been dropped, you gotta feel for Sean it must have been a real grueller foir him yesterday

I wish I was watching this match, its gonna be a nail biting second day, history dictates we all ways have a better second day lets hope its the same this year

Go get em lads
                          Last edited by justin case; 6 September 2009, 08:45 AM.
                          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Bbc

just searched the qhole of the BBC sports section for info on the championships and guess wat there is non so I have just sent a complaint to them and pointed out that they seem to cover very minoarty sports such as archery and fecing but not angling did ask if they where scared of upsetting a few anti-hunts so just waiting to see what hapens will post there reply when and if ai get one
                            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The BBC does not recognise angling as a sport never have and never will, but lets face facts the only part of angling that comes any where near being a sport is match angling, now be honest just how fit are are current W C team, they hardly fall into being super fit do they. Nor do I see things like darts and snooker as sports either but hey what do I know.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X