Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

how long will it be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long will it be

I was chatting to a friend from work the other day.
    he was saying that they was looking at banning cruffs due to cruelty
    well i was thinking that they started with banning badger digging,then hunting with dogs, and a sort of ban on fox hunting on horse back and with dogs,now im not saying its right or wrong but what does worry me is how long will it be before they start on fishing

what do you think?
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

they started to try to ban angling back in the 80s
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

it will not be long... there was a article i read only just before Xmas about this. i know that there is a lot of money in the fishing trade, so i think it will be very hard to ban fishing as whole. a lot of people will lose there job's. well lets hope that this will not happen so we all can fish for yr to come.......

Comment

yeah but its a worry, cuz they said it would never happen to fox hunting due to the tradition and that they have been doing it for years but they did. and hundreds turned up to protest against it, and they still put some sort of ban on it
        [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

the reason they have said Cruffs should be banned is there to much inter breeding of dogs and its causing deformity in the dogs.

Comment

A bit like birmingham

Comment

As I'm not a Brummie I'll leave Polepot to you Pete!!
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

They will never ban angling as its the biggest participation sport in the country...

In the process of planning to build a fishery near here I have been reading the government literature in relation to expanding nature, wildlife and outdoor leisure activities and angling is mentioned on numberous occassions as an important activity for outdoor liesure - this document covers upto 2012 so suppose we can say we are safe at least until then.
                Simon Young
                Admin
                Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

polepit i cannot believe you said that............i have forwarded it to my solicitors and also published your address in the evening mail as one of the i hate Birmingham people hopefully you will hear from all my friends and relations....as i type now there are coach loads of brummies on there way to you..have a good day if you can

Pete Taylor made in Birmingham and very very proud

Comment

Bear in mind that fox hunting is NOT banned!!! (at the moment anyway!!).
                    put the kettle on........;)

Comment

polepot that was naughty wait till your mate sees it,mind you he aint a brummie

Comment

i thought that there was some sort of ban on fox hunting but dont hold me to that as its not my type of sport,what my worry is that its like a snow ball once they start banning one sort of sport they move on to the next thing, it almost like they have nothing better to do,look at it this way they stoped smoking in the bars and pubs now they are saying that they dont want smoking in public what next where does it stop?????

Comment

i think they should stop smoking in matches its an unfair advantage to guys that smoke.... smokers can relax a little more in the match...non smokers are up tight by the way if any one wants to stop smoking please send me a cheque made out to Larry Teepot(new pole fund )for £32 and i will send them the info on how to stop..

Comment

larry you are just the best man. i may take you up on how to stop thou,don't know if i want to be up tight can't fish when im not

Comment

yes cant fish fall stop.... lol.. be like your big bro i did, now it's bin two yr and i have not smoked you see it can be as easy as that. and i don't get up tight when i am fishing, get Larry to stop you smoking and at the same time get Larry to show you how to fish then you can pay him £64 for his help... lol .

Comment

Working...
                              X