Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston keepnets at larford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston keepnets at larford

Has anybody heard anything about Mr Brisco banning preston innovation quick dry keep nets. He was moaning about them a few weeks ago and i heard today that they were now banned.

I am told by a good source that this is in fact true. It has been done due to the carp getting stuck in the netting of the quick dry nets produced by Preston. What i don't get is Preston are a top company and must have done endless research before going in to production.

I can't understand why he doesn't do what Solhampton and Cod house do and that is provide the nets for all competitions.
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
    106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

not had no problems with these nets.
      [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

They are bad for small carp esp,i used one at a fishery i go to,thats full of little uns
        & had a good bag of them,come the weigh in there was loads hooked up in the
        netting.not a good thing at all as they dont come off so easy.They are ok for proper
        carp though,i use a close mesh one for the bits.

Comment

Also seen small carp hooked up on MAVER rubber nets!
          Depends how barbed the fins are on the fish.
          HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Maver-Rich View Post
            I am told by a good source that this is in fact true. It has been done due to the carp getting stuck in the netting of the quick dry nets produced by Preston. What i don't get is Preston are a top company and must have done endless research before going in to production.

I can't understand why he doesn't do what Solhampton and Cod house do and that is provide the nets for all competitions.
            Think he may only be interested in taking money,not spending it bud!

My mates club were fishing there a few weeks back and one of their members had his pole broke halfway down after hooking a fish,resulting in a carp swimming around on top with half a pole attached mr Briscoe was not best pleased about this being tethered to one of his carp!
            My mate was stopped by the disgruntled Briscoe on his way out and was given a lecture about using inadequate rubbish fishing equipment when fishing there,but said he would endeavour to retrieve the pole if possible "what pole was it" he enquired "its a MAVER" replies my pal!
            My mate said the silence was deafening!
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

In a tit for tat exchange a nearby fishery instigated a no use of a MAVER pole rule
              Fortunately for all concerned on close scrutiny of the entire contents of every holdall on site no poles of such a description were being used
              It was however upheld that several anglers were warned for using Black ice floats but in fairness there defence was that they looked nice

Comment

i havnt had any problem with them and i have used them from when they come out.

Comment

hi
                  as the owner of 4 of these nets i was a bit concerned about the banning of them as i fish larford quite a few times.so this morning i phoned julian and i would like to confirm that THEY ARE NOT BANNED,thank god for that as keepnets are not cheap.
                  cheers
                  paul

Comment

i have recently started using the preston nets,from abu ones, and i have to be honest the preston nets are a friggin nightmare for the carp hooking the spike in the dorsal fin in the nets,and as the matey said earlier they aint easy to get out. On saturday the scalesman was doing his nut, as i had loads of them hooked up, my thumb bears proof of that.
                    cheers
                    up

Comment

Odd one this..Ive used a preston layflat with the quick dry mesh a number of times at the prolific metheringham Fen fishery where ton+ weights of small carp in the 1lb bracket are the norm and never had a fish 'hang up' in the mesh
                      Last edited by luckypiker; 9 September 2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X