Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

river matches in midlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• river matches in midlands

hi lads i am a junior match angler age 14 i fish alot of opens on commercials around 2 or 3 times a week but i would like to fish some river matches but cant go too far because i dont have a car could you suggest any pleause

Bewdley is a good venue,but summer is 99% pellet feeder i think,like carping in a way.Can be fast flowing /a bit dangerous so be very carefull.

Comment

what do you mean 99 percent pellet whats in there.

Comment

are u will raison by the way mate

Comment

where is it and how do you get to it mate and what do u catch

Comment

there is a lot of pellet feeder fishing at bewdley but there are also some really great float pegs! normally won with barbel but chub and roach weights do feature. it all depends what sort of fishing you are looking for. marks tackle in stourport will be soon running some matches in stourport normally start sept or oct, they are pretty much roach dominated matches with 20 pound plus needed to win matches in recent years but normaly around 12-15 pounds. good turn out when the river is good upto 40. you would learn loads and mark is very helpful! where do you live?

Comment

If u want a real challenge then come down to Evesham (Warks. Avon)- safe pegs, all platformed, good circuit, and the Evesham & District AA have a thriving Junior match scene. The fishing is not always easy but always rewarding (Unless you draw 77 in States' meadow, which is completely mind-numbing). There's a variety of pegs and species and it's available on day ticket also.
              PM me if u want more info

Comment

yes i was going too go in the festival but was away in skeg in a match.

Comment

i live in nottingham but how do i get to the strech were they have matches cheers.

Comment

george its wayne from hemmington, there is a series of matches run on the trent every other week. they are run by wayne swinscoe. if you are interested the dates are up on the wall at derby angling centre, give them a ring for the contact details.

Comment

Cheers wayne did u fish on saturday.

Comment

yes mate, won on clover22 87lb 2nd was low 30 odd

Comment

Working...
                        X