Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

nottingham area matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nottingham area matches

hey guys my name is mark i am from the nottingham area i am 21 years of age and i have just got some tackle together to start match fishing, i have never fished a match befor im my life only pleasher fished, just looking for some info on where beginners can fish matches or the best place i can fish matches near me, i dont mind fishing against good fishermen as i am not a bad looser lol, but i just want to pratice in matches as when pleaser fishing there is always summet elce i wanna try that i have read or heard, i would just like to fish some local matches, sorry if i am being stupid and all matches have finished

thanks mark

Alright mate.

There are loads of clubs and loads of opens (some more friendly than others). Tell me what you like fishing for and i'll help you out as best i can. Where abouts you from?

Comment

Hi mate the best thing to do is jion a club and fish matches with them. I run a match under the TA eastern banner and some lads come from worksop etc so if you fancy it let me know and fish the match with us you will have a luagh and learn from some of the anglers.
      Steve Davies

Comment

hey im from bilborough in notts, i am a member of notts anglers but there matches are over now as light is out early, they only fish weekly matches, i would love to fish some matches fo if you know of any that you think i will be ok to fish as a beginner, i fish pole and feeder mainly for any fish depends where i am fishing, i enjoy going for carp :P

Comment

don't know if it's still running mate, but years ago i was a member of the earl manvers club based in nottingham, they used to run a match every sunday and had control of the long higgin stretch of the trent, sorry no contact details but they won't be hard to find if they're still going.

Comment

I fish with Carlton - a really friendly bunch of lads. The matches finish at the end of october, but take in Holly Farm, CJS, Sherwood farm park, Portland waters etc. Maggotdrowning.com run some fantastic matches too and have a fair few midlands based ones coming up too. Let me know if you would like to fish any of them.

Comment

hey this sounds gd, any chance you can pm me some details about any matches or match fishing sean, what do i need to match fish, is there a minimum amound of equipment needed or a max, and where can i find out the details of the local matches pm me details please lads

Comment

Earl Manvers is still running as Im a member. Doesnt control that stretch of water anymore but still run matches every sunday from april to mid november. Very friendly bunch and if you interested pm me and i will pass you on the number for the match secretary

Thanks
                Mark

Comment

when i fished at portland grang fishery they seem to have matches on every lake every time i go there to fish. does any one know any detail so i can get in toutch with the people who run the matchs and have a chat with them?

Comment

Originally posted by mark777 View Post
                    Earl Manvers is still running as Im a member. Doesnt control that stretch of water anymore but still run matches every sunday from april to mid november. Very friendly bunch and if you interested pm me and i will pass you on the number for the match secretary

Thanks
                    Mark
                    were you a member in the 90's mark? in those days we used to get fifty turn up on a sunday to fish the long higgin matches and plenty on the other venues, a great club in it's day but i guess them no longer having long higgin is a sign of the times, with most anglers wanting to go to commercials on a weekend now.

Comment

just fish a water your good at and go in there open.

Comment

Manvers

Paulb I wasnt a member then only been a member for a couple of years. Have heard lots of stories from some of the older members about the good old days.

Comment

match fishing

if your new to match fishing im trying to organise a few at rugby at a fishery called barby banks its a goodd fishery and anytime febuary to september/ october you will catch
                          i am a memeber down there

its very good

Comment

Working...
                          X