Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

loose feeding floating baits in matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose feeding floating baits in matches

should loose fed floating baits be allowed in matches? is it fair when you dont know where your bread, dog buscuits etc are going to end up
    please let me draw a flyer

NO, NO, NO, thats a no. All floating baits should be banned in matches becaause even if you can't feed it you can use bread on the hook and strike it off and this does happen and the same problem arises. Floating baits coming through your peg and taking the fish with it. In fisheries that have banned floating baites the fishing as picked up all over the lake rather than just having all the fish down the winward end.
    Steve Davies

Comment

I'm with yer man here, a big fat NO!

its lame , it generally leads to cheating, ie striking off the bait, lets just not go down that road
      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

a big no from me floating baits get blown by the wind in to the next anglers swim
        and can bring there fish up on to the surface

torchwood

torchwood fishing tackle stocks kobra method feeders carp vader baits and loads more

Comment

same vote from me fella..

Its a massive NO.

If the guy in the next peg is fishing on the deck and HIS fish are being brought to the top layers by floating bait then thats not right is it..!!

IF Floating bait have to be allowed then on the hook only, but even then id be inclined to make the ruling easier and say thats not allowed as well, CJ's had a short spell where people were going over 4 or 5 times a minute with bits of bread claiming they were falling off the hook..???
          Effort = Reward.

Comment

I agree with you lot. Floating baits should not be allowed in matches.

Comment

Agree with all the above

Comment

Originally posted by drynetter View Post
                should loose fed floating baits be allowed in matches? is it fair when you dont know where your bread, dog buscuits etc are going to end up
                YES, perfectly good way of fishing!

Comment

A no-brainer really NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Unless you have a floating bait only match??
                  [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Why? I don't like paste, catmeat or method feeder but I don't object to others doing it so why shouldn't I be allowed to fish floaters? Same with 20M pole, so many places ban it when I've saved up to buy the extensions and work hard to fish it, not floating, and everywhere bans it! Its a joke and does my head in!

Comment

There are too many bans
                      www.tacklefinder.net

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                        Why? I don't like paste, catmeat or method feeder but I don't object to others doing it so why shouldn't I be allowed to fish floaters? Same with 20M pole, so many places ban it when I've saved up to buy the extensions and work hard to fish it, not floating, and everywhere bans it! Its a joke and does my head in!
                        Its because when using all the other baits and methods they stay in the anglers swim and don't blow into some one elses swim. As far as 20mtrs fine use it as long as it stays in your swim use it. If you were bagging and i threw in 10 balls of groundbait into your swim and killed it i would be a cheat so whats the difference with floating baits coming into my swim from another anglers swim?
                        Steve Davies

Comment

People that say ban it, just can't fish it,they blame it for them not catching,when in reality they are not doing much right to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by D N W View Post
                            Its because when using all the other baits and methods they stay in the anglers swim and don't blow into some one elses swim. As far as 20mtrs fine use it as long as it stays in your swim use it. If you were bagging and i threw in 10 balls of groundbait into your swim and killed it i would be a cheat so whats the difference with floating baits coming into my swim from another anglers swim?
                            Spot on ar kid!
                            I thought it was against model match rules anyway and i can vaguely remember it messin the fishing up at a Fisho final once! I remember Mr Arthur being a bit outraged about it(not much he dont get enraged about though is there?)

HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY 1 View Post
                              People that say ban it, just can't fish it,they blame it for them not catching,when in reality they are not doing much right to start with.
                              Hmm it probably lies somewhere between Up-in-the-water and floating pole in the skill stakes!
                              so i wouldnt think there would be many anglers who couldnt fish it!
                              HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X