Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Thames at Medley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thames at Medley

I fished a match a few weeks ago and had a cracking day winning my section with a 14lb bag of roach and i noticed that our new winter league has a round there, how does it fish early october? can i expect it to fish as well or better or worse and what are the general tactics??

Should fish as well if not better- assume you're on the West Middx division first weekend in October.

Roach on wag & mag, and assorted lumps on long pole and chop are the main attacks.Also just beginning to get the chance of the odd chub as they move out of their summer quarters outside the beer garden of the Trout...

See you there (if I'm picked...)

Comment

Dom, I have fished countless winterleagues on Medley ... is it on the channel as well as this is completely different tactics..

As for medley itself you need waggler and maggot + some particular areas you need maggot / small crumb feeder.

Its also definately worth feeding a pole line but dont let this stop you feeding your waggler line properly - personally I would ball the pole line and concentrate on fishing the wag for 90% of the match, when you need to rest the wag line you can come in and hopefully nick some bigger fish off the pole line.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

You want to fish the liquidised bread and the punch with added hemp.
        The Channel is terrible unless you get one of the chub pegs then use plenty of maggots on the waggler.

Comment

The Channel is so overgrown at the moment I doubt if a match could be run on it! But it is full of chub from the bungalow at Medley right down to Tumbling Bay.

Comment

Working...
          X