Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Why are Fishing Forums fairly quiet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Fishing Forums fairly quiet?

I've noticed that fishing forums tend to be pretty quiet on the whole. The amount of activity is very low compared to many other types of forum eg. Computing or Air Gun forums for instance.
    Take a look at AirGun BBS or any of the others (not plugging, just a good example), the activity is hard to keep up with...there may be 15 pages or more of posts to catch up with each day!!

Do you think it's because of the secrecy side of Fishing (not wanting to give away info on good waters etc) or is it something else.
    Frank

Personaly i think it's because to many people just want to fill fishing forums up with jokes and such rubbish, (not just TA) and yes i dont bother with joke sections on fishing forums, as i go on Fishing forums for fishing related info and banter and if i dont find it on 1 forum then i hunt around till i do.

As for the secrecy thought the only people that in my mind tend to keep things secret are those that THINK THEY ARE good where as those that ARE good anglers have no problem telling all.
    [B]MALC[/B]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by MALC
      Personaly i think it's because to many people just want to fill fishing forums up with jokes and such rubbish, (not just TA) and yes i dont bother with joke sections on fishing forums, as i go on Fishing forums for fishing related info and banter and if i dont find it on 1 forum then i hunt around till i do.

As for the secrecy thought the only people that in my mind tend to keep things secret are those that THINK THEY ARE good where as those that ARE good anglers have no problem telling all.
      True on the secrecy question Malc...personally I like to see others having a good days fishing, so I have no problem passing on info on good swims. Anyway, there are so few 'real anglers' (river anglers) around these days that it's hard to spot another angler on the bank and so not much competition for swims!!
      Frank

Comment

Wish I was a "REAL" angler, but there aren't that may rivers for coarse fishing in Cornwall!

Comment

Originally posted by ktull.fsnet.co.uk
          Wish I was a "REAL" angler, but there aren't that may rivers for coarse fishing in Cornwall!
          You'll have to take up Game Fishing for your rivers
          Frank

Comment

I intend doing far more river fishing this year, the Trent from Attenborough to Collingham is gonna get some hammer.
            As for the quietness of forum's, i think they'll soon pick up now the weather is getting warmer and people will start thinking more about fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashfield Dave
              I intend doing far more river fishing this year, the Trent from Attenborough to Collingham is gonna get some hammer.
              As for the quietness of forum's, i think they'll soon pick up now the weather is getting warmer and people will start thinking more about fishing.
              I've fished rivers all my life Dave, mostly on the Severn but others as well. Most of my Severn fishing is above the conluence of the Vyrnwy and up to Aberbechan near Newton.
              The fishing on the upper Severn is underated....big barbel, though not in the numbers of Shrewsbury and below....very big chub, Dace (not in their past numbers), Grayling, Pike etc......and most of the time you have the river to yourself.....sheer bliss
              Frank

Comment

It's because we're always going out fishing been out fishing today, had a few nice roach at an un-owned lake next to a tip in Burscough. Just great weather and a nice long weekend. Hopefully the fish will be biting!

Comment

Originally posted by Withnell Angler
                  It's because we're always going out fishing been out fishing today, had a few nice roach at an un-owned lake next to a tip in Burscough. Just great weather and a nice long weekend. Hopefully the fish will be biting!
                  It's alright for some...I'm sitting in a Chemical Plant control room with no windows
                  Frank

Comment

mmmmn .........anyone know a good computer site.ill try and fill that up with rubish too
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by frankg
                      It's alright for some...I'm sitting in a Chemical Plant control room with no windows
                      Like Homer Simpson? Surely you get some time off for Easter, it's been the best bank holiday I can remember weatherwise and the fishing has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Withnell Angler
                        Like Homer Simpson? Surely you get some time off for Easter, it's been the best bank holiday I can remember weatherwise and the fishing has been great.
                        Yeah...just like Homer...Doh!!......But I'm sitting here planning all my trips to the Severn as soon as the season opens
                        Frank

Comment

Hardly surprising IT forums are full of posters. Anglers tend to view PC's as a necessary part of life, not life itself!
                          Learn to fish with qualified angling coach at the Suffolk Water Park
                          [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                          X