Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fisho 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisho 2016?

http://www.fishomania.net/news/fisho...-to-net-50000/

Looks like they are starting to listen at last Sid! Unlike some people i know! lol
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

What has happened to Tight Lines on Sky Sports ?.

Comment

Originally posted by colin3 View Post
        What has happened to Tight Lines on Sky Sports ?.
        Finished!

Comment

What do you guys think about the new format? A semi final???
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I think it's quite controversial introducing it now. The format has always been: win your qualifier and you're through to the final. There will be 16 extremely disappointed anglers on the Friday who don't make the final! For them, just reaching the semi final would have been a major achievement and in the past they would have been guaranteed a finals place by winning their qualifier.

Also, how are they planning to get 32 semi finalists from 28 qualifiers? Surely they can't use biggest second place weights, as this wouldn't be fair due to variability between venues.

As a spectacle and TV event though, it will be more exciting, I am sure of that, and the increased prize money makes it more interesting for both the competitors and spectators!
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
              I think it's quite controversial introducing it now. The format has always been: win your qualifier and you're through to the final. There will be 16 extremely disappointed anglers on the Friday who don't make the final! For them, just reaching the semi final would have been a major achievement and in the past they would have been guaranteed a finals place by winning their qualifier.

Also, how are they planning to get 32 semi finalists from 28 qualifiers? Surely they can't use biggest second place weights, as this wouldn't be fair due to variability between venues.

As a spectacle and TV event though, it will be more exciting, I am sure of that, and the increased prize money makes it more interesting for both the competitors and spectators!
              32 from 28! in a word Steve..........Lindholme!

Comment

The thing I find hard to understand is you 'get to pick your peg in the final'... if you make it through to the final by winning the semi final you are first to pick your peg you want for the final.... so good draw on Friday = probably win the whole thing..... 16th place in the semi final therefore gets the peg that nobody else wanted! Unless of course the semi is on a different lake (which I suppose it should be as how are they going to put 32 on arena).... this all lends itself to an announcement shortly that the venue for the final is going back to Hayfield???
                Simon Young
                Admin

Comment

Scenario.

You know you've danced the semi with 5 mins to go before the end of the match. Your runner tells you no way you can be caught.
                  You the lash a load of bait in on your chosen lines and being first pick the following day you run to your semi peg. Lots of fish waiting for you over the prebaited lines. There is no rule stating how much you can feed so it will be farcical.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I'd assumed when it said about them choosing their pegs it was referring to the order in which they'd draw, ie winner of semi draws his peg for the final first, and so on. Surely they won't just be allowed to 'pick' pegs otherwise the winner will just choose the obvious flier or do what Spadger suggested??
                    Steve

Comment

Arena has 32 pegs but if they put every peg in for a televised semi final it could be disastrous!!
                      Steve

Comment

I doubt that the semi-finals would be televised live as they will be on the Friday. Might just get a few minutes recorded time on the Saturday.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

From reading it you get the chance to pick your peg for the final.... farce will not be the word! And as for prebaiting that surely means the semi cannot be on the same lake as the final surely!
                          Simon Young
                          Admin

Comment

My understanding was the winner of the semi was first in the final draw bag, not saying that's so, just what I understood.
                            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Also thought it means winner first to draw and so forth

Comment

Working...
                              X