Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

poles r becoming more popular ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poles r becoming more popular ...

for match fishing wat do u think?
    pole or rod ?

depends, for canal fishing a pole is a must, for presentation and speed fishing alone, you can lay your line and rig exactly where you want it, for speed fishing and perfection you cant beat pole fishing, for rivers, i'd have my pole set up with a couple of rigs, and have a feeder rod and a waggler or stick float rod set up so i can change throughout the match depending on conditions and which line the fish are coming on. at the end of the day its what your most comfortable and most confident using. good luck.

Comment

In the matches i fish,everyone fishes pole and then maybe a feeder rod if they have a feeder peg.

Comment

More and more people are going back to the waggler as the pole spook's the fish,
        Or what they do is Fish a couple of meters past theie pole tip.
        When fishing on commercal's the carp are so used to the pole over their head that they tend to back off, floating pole used to be good but you don't see it alot these days.
        Who every said fish don't have brains there nuts.

Comment

didnt realise they had become un popular in the last 15 years
          Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

depends...

On a lake where it has an island like 18m+ away i will chuck over a method feeder but if its only like >15m away i will fish pole to it. I would never fish waggler in a match. On canal i will fish pole far over and close in or a small feeder or bomb if i can't reach with pole. If the fish are really big, 20lb+, then i fish rod because you got hardly any chance. Pole has much better presentation that rod but is limited to length.

So really it depends where you are fishing and what species your trying to catch.

Comment

I agree

I believe that the pole is a.very handy piece of. Tackle,
              I always use the pole most of the time and I barely blank.

Comment

Whats a pole?
                [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by fish farmer View Post
                  Whats a pole?
                  Its one of these people goin round nickin fish ay it

Comment

Lol, you're not wrong mate.

You coming to see us again soon?

Comment

be down soon. got to get some practice in for the fur and feather. I need it lol

Comment

Lol, don't take Oak pool as a marker mate - it is a law unto itself!

Comment

Originally posted by meme View Post
                          depends...

On a lake where it has an island like 18m+ away i will chuck over a method feeder but if its only like >15m away i will fish pole to it. I would never fish waggler in a match. On canal i will fish pole far over and close in or a small feeder or bomb if i can't reach with pole. If the fish are really big, 20lb+, then i fish rod because you got hardly any chance. Pole has much better presentation that rod but is limited to length.

So really it depends where you are fishing and what species your trying to catch.

Why would you never fish a waggler in a match?

Comment

Like I said... whats a pole? Lol

Comment

A pole is what you hang a flag on:

Comment

Working...
                              X