Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Where to book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to book?

Its that time of year, when match secretarys are looking at booking venues for 2008. The question is, do you stick with the old favorites or try somewhere new.
    Any recommendations most welcome, within 50 mile radius of Birmingham. (24 pegs)

You could do worse than Alders, Mate.
    [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

On your doorstep Roy. Barston. Neil is constantly building up the stock with his mini hatchery!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

I personnaly like a mixture of tried and tested venues where you know members will catch and new (to the club) recommended fisheries.

For example, this year we have, as always, Sycamore at the Jam Factory, little gearys (packington) and ash pool (jam factory) both of which myself and many of our members have never fished.

One venue I fished last year (first and onlytime so far) and was very impressed with was Ockeridge, a couple of miles on from Holt Fleet - worth a look?

Comment

Originally posted by keith
          You could do worse than Alders, Mate.
          Roysty & I discussed the possibilty of Alders for a club match on the way back on Sunday. We'd both love to book it, sadly I think some of our members would deem it too far
          We'll just have to let you organise another TA or MD match there for us Keith

Comment

Hillview lakes.
            [url]http://www.miraclebaits.com/index.html[/url]

Comment

hunnington in halesowen mate a good up and coming fishery
              :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
              [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I may go and have a snoop round tomorrow and check a few of these places out.

Comment

Walsall canal...very reasonably priced as well....lol

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse
                    Walsall canal...very reasonably priced as well....lol
                    http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Aston eyre. Proper fishing take no notice of woodhouse Royst.
                      http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by royst
                        Its that time of year, when match secretarys are looking at booking venues for 2008. The question is, do you stick with the old favorites or try somewhere new.
                        Any recommendations most welcome, within 50 mile radius of Birmingham. (24 pegs)
                        Royst - just looking for pools or do you dip a line on cuts and rivers as well?
                        Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Autumn/winter Shatterford Lakes. Izaak Walton Fishery.
                          Summer, Hunnington. Solhampton.
                          All year round, Boldings, Tunnel Barn Farm, Moorlands.
                          January/February/March, Patshull Great Lake (hotel bank)

Comment

There's a few to go at here Royst
                            Fisheries.co.uk - Fisheries in the Midlands
                            Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

All ours but one booked for next year,lot off the places we have booked say they are nearly full already for next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X