Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Barford Fishomania next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barford Fishomania next week

Anyone going to Barford next week for the Fishomania there?

Anyone know how it is fishing at the moment?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

I'm fishing the barford fisho. i will also be having a practise at the coltan lake open on the 14th, the railway lake open on the 17th and knowing my luck i will draw the match lake and get batterd on both sides.

Does anyone know which lake is likely to win the match.
    Steve Davies

Comment

Couldn't get a ticket unfortunately but it is fishing well at the moment.
      [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Coulton is most likely to throw up the winner based on the weights that are currently coming out but it really depends on the weather on the day... got to fancy the middle of the pleasure lake as well.
        Simon Young
        Admin

Comment

Anyone else going on this match?
          Simon Young
          Admin

Comment

simon, do you know of any pubs doing B & B in the area has i will be looking to stay overnight after fishing the railway lake on the tuesday open.

Also i checked on the latest open weights and the match lake threw up a 128lb pellet waggler weight so the winner could come from a few lakes.

Mind you it could be different with 130 of us there and a lot of sponsered anglers, knowing my luck i will draw the worst lake at the wrong end and have steve ringer one side and nathen watson the other and get totaly batterd. Mind you if i get nathen next to me i will take my ear plugs lol.
            Steve Davies

Comment

Have a look here might find what you want Accommodation available through Barford Lakes

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Brian i have seen it i was hoping for a recommendation of a boozer that some one had used before i.e. good ale, good breakfast and cheap. I'm has tight has a gnats chuff.
                Steve Davies

Comment

I'll bet money now that the pleasure lake will win fisho. Colton is a great lake but when its fisho time it doesnt handle the increased pressure as well as some of the other lakes. The fish in the pleasure lake are big as well, meaning you wont need many for a ton plus.
                  Steve Ringer
                  Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Who do you think will be in the top 5 if they drew a good peg. I can only pick a couple nathan watson and rob hitchins is there any one else to look out for.
                    Steve Davies

Comment

Steve Ringer - I believe that he won the Fish'o from the Match Lake a couple of years back.
                      [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Steve isn't fishing this one though otherwise your right he would be top of the list. Mind you there are a few well known anglers further down the nfa list that i missed.

I fished the open on colton (by the way for those going, barford was easy enough to find but colton and railway are not so easy and the roads are single track roads so i can see a wacky race type situation after the draw) and the fish are big i only had 7 and weighed 50lb to 60lb (i didn't bother weighing has there were a few 20 - 28 fish nets). If this lake can take the preasure it will produce a very big weight.
                        Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                        X