Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

700lb in a six hour match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700lb in a six hour match

Has anyone seen the back of AT this week with the I'm going for the world record - 700lb in six hours .... I don't think this is a particularly good advert for angling do you guys?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Its no different to any match,each anglers objective is to catch as big a wieght as possible in a given period of time,cant see what diffence there is between finishing with 70 or700lb.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

How big are the fish where the bloke goes?

Comment

Its like anywhere though, right person on the right peg and all that business, if you can catch 700lb in 6 hours then good on you. However to catch this amount of fish the lake is presumably stuffed with fish, fish welfare issues perhaps in question? Mawgan Porth in cornwall is like this although the fish are only small, even numpties like me can go down there and catch 200 fish in a 5 hour match without ever seeing the venue before!
        Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by SteveL View Post
          Its like anywhere though, right person on the right peg and all that business, if you can catch 700lb in 6 hours then good on you. However to catch this amount of fish the lake is presumably stuffed with fish, fish welfare issues perhaps in question? Mawgan Porth in cornwall is like this although the fish are only small, even numpties like me can go down there and catch 200 fish in a 5 hour match without ever seeing the venue before!
          Erm, I struggled for a bite when I went!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveL View Post
            So whats your point!!!

I can go to a local Canal and catch 200 small roach on a whip fast to hand to win a match how is it any different!!!

Before you name and shame Venues, i fish Mawgan Porth a bit as i live around 1hour from the venue.
            FISH WELFARE is the owners MAIN priority, followed close by the angler having a good day out.
            The owner provides nets and enforces MANY rules so that her stock does not get damaged in any way shape or form & testament to this is the quality/condition of the fish down there.

As to your comments about it being stuffed with fish, i would agree that it has a good head of fish in it, but Massive weights down there only happen when a poor match attendance is recorded..... and only then with the right angler is sat on the right peg and the conditions are right will a big weight happen!!!!
            People arrive at the venue (normally holiday anglers) in the height of the season when it fishing at its best and think it fishes the same day in day out down there, simply not true..... i have even blanked!!!!!

Normal 25 - 30 peg matches down there are won with around the ton mark, is that any different to most venues????

As of comments raised above about 700lb weights, if fish welfare is compromised then i agree it should not be allowed to heppen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
              Erm, I struggled for a bite when I went!
              packed up and went back to Whiteacres for a bit of shut eye Nathan!!! lol

Comment

How doe's the bloke get on when he fishes against good angler's?Surely he must be an England regular.

Comment

its daft 700lb it does look bad on fishermen, yes some venuse 200lb is a good weight like earlswood but they am big fish and like tunnel barn 100 to 200lb is poss of f1's most matches,but 700lb is mad he is dragging the fish in hows that fish welfare
                  [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

In my opinion catching 700lb of fish in 6 hours isn't fishing it hauling theres no art to it find a puddle full of fish and haul thats it

Comment

Bet he is goin to do it with a new secret flavour/bait ,that is goin into the shop's or summut.will it make a difference in the catch?not if it's carp soup.

Comment

How right you are Flinty

Comment

Originally posted by yingtong View Post
                          How right you are Flinty
                          Just an opinion, but I also agree with Flinty & yingtong.
                          If you catch a 700lb sea fish well done but 700lb of coarse fish in six hours..... why Personally I think I'd be bored after the first hour or so.
                          Although with regard to fish welfare surely that's more to do with how many fish are squeezed in to the average keepnet rather than how many you've caught, as there are plenty of people (not necessarily match anglers) who might only catch one lump all day but drag it through the water on heavy tackle like they want to get it water skiing.

Comment

wow this guy must be great , i wish i could tie some kind of artificial bait quite close to a great big hook place it in the water let a carp catch it then pull it back as quick as you can , he must be so close to an england call up, but then again proberbly no differance to places like cob house catcing lots of smaller carp at close range at least it boosts the ego of the anglers in question if nothing else
                            Last edited by jay411; 29 October 2009, 06:22 AM.
                            I want an end peg

Comment

I have fished at Rockells a few times over the last 10 years, and it is a bit easy to say the least. Read my blog on Rockells here - http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/..._22_07_08.html
                              I reckon anyone could catch over 100lb there without much effort to be honest.
                              But all I say is whats the difference between using a whip and catching a roach a chuck than a shoal of carp??
                              The inspiration behind the Maver C-Loc method feeder.

Comment

Working...
                              X