Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

floating bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floating bread

i was chatting to the lads at the pub after a days fishing
    about floating bread,but if you are fishing bread with a lead on the bottom.
    (think they call this a zig zag rig?)how would you find the depth at a distance.
    some were saying just have it over depth,use a marker float, i've even had count the lead down, it drops a foot a second.
    there must be a easy way of doing this as im not the sharpest tool in the box when it come to fishing.......lol
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

bbb, we had a venue up here where popped up crust was the killer method, it was something I was unfamilier with but thought 'if they are having it popped up, surely they will have it hanging down'
    So I fished the BIG punch on the pole, the lad next to me fished popped up crust and by the time he had sussed what I was doin it was too late, I had taken the lead from him and won the match, the pole is always quicker than the rod and line. They were using a feeder with liquidised bread in and letting it float to the top, I just potted it in loose so it went down in a cloud and fished a big punch shallow, they ripped the laccy out

Comment

why do you need to know the depth ?

put a bomb on a short link with a small swivel, now run this onto your mainline
      put a piece of silcone/float rubber on the line and then attach another small swivel add a hooklength the length you want to pop the bread up cast in and tighten upto the swivel
      if you then decide you want to fish the bread higher or even on the surface just let out some line
      this is a great trick if you want to fish on the top but there are loads of ducks pop it up and every time a duck comes towards the bread just turn the reel a couple of times and it will pull the bread down under the water
      just watch the ducks face when the bread disapears you will PYSL
      oh by the way the silcone/float rubber acts as a buffer

Comment

so tgm are you using the bread itself to find the depth then just tightening the line to just pull it under if needed? its only that the place that im going to the island that i need to get to is a bit of a distance out, where the carp seem to get. not sure how to do it,only i have tried what polepot has put but they are just not there.
        thanks anyway polepot for the tip
        [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

yes mate use a quarter slice of bread (half or full one if they big) cast it out and then let it float to the surface Sorted
          to attach the bread i have found the best method is
          cut the bread into four leave the crust on then lay the line along the bread and hook the crust
          now fold the bread in half and make a loop slip the loop over the end of the bread and gently pull
          you will be able to cast to the horizon
          good luck hope this helps

Comment

thanks a lot tgm you have been a great help, i will let you know how i get on with it

Comment

Originally posted by bad.boy bagger
              i was chatting to the lads at the pub after a days fishing
              about floating bread,but if you are fishing bread with a lead on the bottom.
              (think they call this a zig zag rig?)how would you find the depth at a distance.
              some were saying just have it over depth,use a marker float, i've even had count the lead down, it drops a foot a second.
              there must be a easy way of doing this as im not the sharpest tool in the box when it come to fishing.......lol

bad boy bagger i would use a piece of cork painted red keep adjusting the lead till the cork pops up on the surface,then replace it with the bread

Comment

the thing about having a running lead is that if the wind is blowing towards the island ie away from you you can cast short so as not to spook the fish then let out line and the bread will sail over towards the island

Comment

hi bro still trying to get one over on me, now you want to know about a zig zag rig mm mm.... the only zig zag you be doing is to the bar in the pub like you normally do on saturday after the match get them in i am going to the loo. lol i know what you are up to and i see if i can get Jason my mate who is a bivy boy, he use them all the time i see what i can do.?.. for you if you think that will win the match. i see if i can get so info for you remember that you can not float fish bread on top of the water it must have a lead on it its got to come from the bottom...

Comment

tgm it sounds well cool just a really good way of doing it and easy,
                    needs to be for me.....lol. i bet it is really affective way looking forward to useing it
                    and thanks again for the info

Comment

art the way tgm has explained it it will have lead on the bottom sounds a really good way of doing it. yeah need the info not got that much money so have to beat you every day so i got a beer afterwards........lol

Comment

Dream On Little Bro Lol

Comment

Hi lads we in the pops fish the popped up bread method a lot and on its day it wins a lot of matches. The best way to correctly get your depth spot on every time is to use a slightly heavier ledger than normal and use a orange bubble float, cast out and tighten up to your ledger. Then slowly let it come to the top of the water counting how many turns of the reel or how much line is released until you get the correct depth. Works for the pops lads and is great on border match lake. Use a uncut tinned loaf cut into 1 inch squares and hair rig it .give it a go it works!
                          TRUSTED POPLARS AC ANGLER WHO TELL'S NO LIES.

Comment

yeah it sounds good but think the way tgm has put it you can fish at any depth.
                            which makes it easy for me thank god.......lol
                            thank anyway bushy

Comment

Working...
                            X