Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pellets and paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellets and paste

was fishing at the weekend and guys were using home made paste and expander pellets 2 things 1 how do you make paste and 2nd what is the differnce betwwen expanders and soft hooking pellents ?? many thanks

Hi Snap,

You can do your own paste very easily, a lot of Carp ground baits mixed up a bit over wet will do the trick. I use swimstim green quite a lot and just mix it until it holds together and is quite soft.

I also use ground up expander pellets or feed pellets (liquidised) again mixed quite wet so it holds together.

Just experiment with different groundbaits and ground up pellets or mixtures of the two until you find something you feel right with.

I tend to mix the paste quite soft so shipping it out on the pole I put it in the kinder pot to stop it falling off the hook and then just drop it in alongside the float.

Making your own paste is useful as you can use paste on the hook which is the same flavour and colour as the pellets you are feeding.

Expander pellets can be used as an inexpensive feed on the hook but can be quite soft so you can get plagued by small silvers or simply just lose the pellet off the hook. Soft hookers tend to be a bit firmer so are a bit more durable and also come spiced up with all sorts of flavours, appetite stimulators, preservatives etc. so can be a good alternative to just plain expanders. Though a lot more expensive to buy, one tub can be used for many sessions so worth having a tub or two as a change hook baits.

HTH

Eric
    PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

One thing you will find with paste is it needs to be kept still to stop it coming off the hook so you can be quite busy (in and out, keep putting new paste on) but it is well worth it when they start to feed on it
      PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Hi Snap,

Try reading this article - http://www.talkangling.co.uk/Paste-fishing.htm
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Well worth re-reading that, Thanks Simon
          PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Working...
          X