Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Decent winter venues?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Decent winter venues?

    Hi, anybody know any decent winter venus in the midlands. Mixed bag style places, Im usually on the rivers but theyve been a waste of time all year.

    Cheers.

  • #2
    a few,
    Larford
    Cobhouse
    Manorfarm
    Tunnelbarn
    in no particular order.
    these are all carp to be fair but very good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
      a few,
      Larford
      Cobhouse
      Manorfarm
      Tunnelbarn
      in no particular order.
      these are all carp to be fair but very good.
      Ive always fancied giving tunnel barn farm ago, what sort of methods this time of year?

      Comment


      • #4
        You not caught any of them skimmers in Laugherne then fordster??
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rob6709 View Post
          Ive always fancied giving tunnel barn farm ago, what sort of methods this time of year?
          is very peggy in winter,cobhouse ,manor and larford are fairly even places.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
            is very peggy in winter,cobhouse ,manor and larford are fairly even places.
            Fished manor a few years back on an evening when the river was dire, was pasty carp one after the other, they got much bigger yet?

            Comment


            • #7
              can't beat a canal in winter

              use bloodworm and joker

              __________________
              TalkMatchFishing
              Brand new forum!

              Comment


              • #8
                a lot died /got washed out during the floods 2 years ago,but was silly then,200lb wud be 5th.now it is still verygood,mixed size fish,mainly1-4lb,with quite a few bigger.most lakes in winter are pole/pellet,exect island which is 90% feeder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                  a lot died /got washed out during the floods 2 years ago,but was silly then,200lb wud be 5th.now it is still verygood,mixed size fish,mainly1-4lb,with quite a few bigger.most lakes in winter are pole/pellet,exect island which is 90% feeder.
                  Think it was island that we fished, did over 100lb easily in 2 hours down the side, got tedious though. Method feeder allowed there?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    anything is allowed,elastic feeders, anything,just no b/j,boilies,no barbs.if u got no rules,no one can cheat.simple.prob 50% f1s,which makes the proper carp have more of a snap.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                      anything is allowed,elastic feeders, anything,just no b/j,boilies,no barbs.if u got no rules,no one can cheat.simple.prob 50% f1s,which makes the proper carp have more of a snap.
                      Cheers may well go down, bait wise will it be pellet,meat pellet,maggot etc?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        pellet,can use ur own.maggot feeder can work well but pellet feeder just as good/cheaper.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                          pellet,can use ur own.maggot feeder can work well but pellet feeder just as good/cheaper.
                          Cheers dude. Whats the lake at twyford like in winter?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            mate most people still always mention carp puddles i tend to do the carp thing in the summer and silver fishing in the winter you cant beat runnin the stick down the river but the only place for me in the winter is shattersford lakes they have a web site, if you fish stuarts fish caster on a 4m whip to hand and pellet at 10m full of skimmers bream roach and some carp but erics is a good one as well really deep tip slider or 6m to hand a top class fishery mate
                            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X