Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meat

what is the best way to color my meat i have a thing about red this year ..any ideas
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

I use cochineal from the supermarket........diced meat in plastic bag, add cochineal, work the liquid till all the cubes look like they're covered, add any other flavours you care, seal and drop in the fridge overnight
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

does that color all thru of just outside?

Comment

That only colours the outside.Buy some VDE tinned meat,i think they do a red strawberry flavour.Anyhow,forget the meat,lets sort the pellet.
        cornerstone.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
          does that color all thru of just outside?
          Yep just the outside, but it does seep inside the meat - looks almost like a stick of rock if you slice the cube in half.
          Perhaps if you are not as frugal with the cochineal as me and left it a day or two longer, it might penetrate more?
          Larry - do you consider it crucial for the meat to be red all the way through?
          Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

I use Van Den Eynde Predator Pus. Dyes everything including your hands for days . Shake meat with liquid in a bag and freeze overnight. Draws the colour and flavour through the meat.
            [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

its just a theory id like it red all the way through ..... gonna give it a bash

Comment

Ditto with Paulscatt. I won mine from Carp Vader last month!!
                John - Kingfisher
                Talk Angling Senior Member
                Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

hi
                  chop your meat to size you want mate , get a plaggy bag , place in the flavours / clours you want and blow air into it , place meat in bag ,
                  blow air back into bag and scrunch the top and shake, until meat is coated even ,
                  place in fridge over night ,

works a treat

i use the sensas pocket sprays , they are very good
                  also just started using the carp vader ped plus , this stuff is dynamite
                  CATS & DOGS PROUD SPONSORS OF THE BIG BASH [url]www.thebigbash.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Paulscatt
                    I use Van Den Eynde Predator Pus. Dyes everything including your hands for days . Shake meat with liquid in a bag and freeze overnight. Draws the colour and flavour through the meat.

yup i'll second that, bloody red hands for days ... lol
                    [CENTER][B][url]www.ukfishingforums.co.uk[/url][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Larry I use the Sensas sprays they are excellent, the red meat works a treat once it warms up a bit!
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

loooking good so far i thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X