Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pellet Wag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet Wag

i am looking to have a go at this..... any one read any good articles or knows a venue to have a bash at would appreciate some info
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Larry,
    Take a look at Pellet Waggler My Way
    Nick has had some very good results down in my neck of the woods, and seems to have the method sussed.
    The rest of his site's worth a read too, some nice little snippets of info dotted around it.
    [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

nice one Pete......i thought it was gonna be a lot different but really thats always the way we fished a wag & mag just slightly diferent tackle..some times you can confuse/or think its gonna be hard.But i think i am already 75% conifident that i can catch this way looking forward to giving it a try

Comment

Larry this has to be the best info you can get from Dave Britton
        Fishing World UK - Home Page
        also some good info there pete, havnt seen this one before

Comment

another sound article i thank you

Comment

Glad youguys are there to help me!Was thinking of reverting to the waggler!Was broughtup on it - started with a porky fixed only bythe bottom ring. Much more versatile wagglers to be had now!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

ok i am happy with the style of fishing..but a little uncertain about preparation of the pellets.... so here i go again any links or tips would be magic
              i thank you

Comment

tried this method myself for first time last week I was uncertain what t use pellet wise and opted to try those new S pellets top drawer they are too. You can hook em normally with bit of patience as they are hookable but a little hard, but they do stay on well. Or another way is to hair rig em I've been trying the Korum quick stops this year and quite happy with em.

Comment

will they band steve

Comment

you could do Larry, but no need really i got on ok the other day by just hooking em

Comment

Two great articles, cant wait to have a go at that.

Comment

Larry.

Don't over complicate it and use standard coarse pellets which are readily avaialable in the shops and on most fisheries, (I use Sketterings).

The method is all about your work rate, feeding and presentation. Don't be frightened of changing depths and your feeding pattern throughout the session to keep in touch with the fish as this is one of the key aspects of the method.

Comment

dave quick question, do you still use the same set up that you wrote about in that article on fishing world uk?

now the first time i fished the pellet wag myself was a couple of weeks back, and i copied your set up word for word only problem i came across is altering the depth by a couple of inch due to float being locked on a loop! just seem a bit awkard tying up new hooklength for a inch or two

im not knocking the set up! for the record i came second with 125lb, on my first attempt at it, so the setup cant be that bad just wondered if you have found a way off setting your wag up that would allow the quick depth change?
                          Matt Smith
                          Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

I still use the same set up however at this time of year you need to be carefull how you feed with little as the fish don't know weather they want to be up or down.

If you want a quick depth change set up put the shot on a piece of silicone. You may loose shot however it's the best compromise that you'l get. I usually set three rods up at different depths and carry plenty of made up hook lengths so it only takes me seconds to change depth.

With reference to Sketterings pellets you can usually find them re-badged in many shops under another label as they supply many of the main bait companies

Comment

you have a link to that article matt/dave...anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X