Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

opens and teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opens and teams

Hi all I am looking at making that move from the club scene and going out alone or joining a team, the open scene is not a problem as i have a couple in my area like the ridings and bonehill mill, but i would also like to get in to team fishing , as anyone out there have information on how do i get involved with a team,

Phil, Most tackle shops are a good base for information and they might even be sponsoring a team, likewise there is often leagues at places like Bonehill, Gary and Polemaster fished a series there last winter, another is the Fazeley around the Minworth area they have both winter and summer leagues. usually on Sundays the Hare and Hounds at Minworth is a good starting base.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Have to agree with Brian regarding breaking into teams. The way I did it was to fish opens on the canals (the BRS matches at the Hare and Hounds) this was on a Saturday and then on a Sunday the Stirrup Cup matches (Draw at the White Horse Minworth) build up your knowledger and confidence, get to know people, have a chat and the most important thing is to keep your ears open and listen to what the regular matchmen are saying on these venues.

One of my mates was/is a respected match angler and through him I was asked to guest for a team in the Drennan Super League, the team were on their way out, but it was a great experience fishing against the likes of Shaky and Starlets.

Twelve months later I was fishing for Clissets canal squad in Drennan Division One, most of the lads in that squad fished the BRS and Stirrup Cup matches, and it was a great experience, fishing to a team plan.

Don't forget though the most important thing is to enjoy your fishing.

Comment

Cheers guys for the info, I have heard of the stirrup cup, I read the results every thursday in the Hearld and to be honest I thought they where a club.
        I dont surpose you know any contact numbers and names.

Comment

Originally posted by phill01
          Cheers guys for the info, I have heard of the stirrup cup, I read the results every thursday in the Hearld and to be honest I thought they where a club.
          I dont surpose you know any contact numbers and names.

Why not take a walk down there one Sunday and ask one of the anglers for some info or better still wait until the end of the match and have a chat with the match organiser.

When I used to fish it it was Tony Robinson (I think)

Comment

Cheers Bluenose I think I will do that, It will also give me some much needed exersise

Comment

be carfull mate team fishing was one of the main reasons my first mariage ended its a differnt world but its one hell of a buzz be prepared to a lot of hrs not just practis but team meetings rig making ect good luck mate i still miss it

Comment

Originally posted by phill01 View Post
                Hi all I am looking at making that move from the club scene and going out alone or joining a team, the open scene is not a problem as i have a couple in my area like the ridings and bonehill mill, but i would also like to get in to team fishing , as anyone out there have information on how do i get involved with a team,
                If you make 200 posts on this site you usually get asked to join Mossella Black Country.

Comment

Lol classic mr woodhouse

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse View Post
                    If you make 200 posts on this site you usually get asked to join Mossella Black Country.
                    If your ugly enough you will usually get asked to join Trabucco at some stage of your career. As far as I no a Trabucco angler has never even won a Tipton beauty competition and that doesnt take much
                    Team Mosella Black Country [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Comment

you should listen to woodhouse he has been in most of the small teams in the midlands and he must be good as he has joined trabuco at least 6 times
                      I want an end peg

Comment

Hi phill, as the lads have said get into fishing opens first and do well and enjoy it. I would also think hard about fishing for a team i went through the same process and ended up winning a team silver medal in the Div 1 national on the cam and ouse and i hated every second of that match. The pressure was intense to fish to the team instructions even though i thought my peg required a different aprouch. After this i packed in team fishing and stuck to opens fishing were i want how i want. Don't get me wrong some anglers thrive on this type of fishing and enjoy it but it may not be all you think it is.

Most of all enjoy your fishing and with time and experience the wins will come.
                        Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                        X