Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

FISHO at WOODLANDS lakes thirsk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FISHO at WOODLANDS lakes thirsk

I'll be fishing the fisho at woodlands on the 9th of june, is any one from this site going and has any one got any advise tips has i haven't fished there for over 3 years cheers steve.
    Steve Davies

Last year Steve you wanted to be on Partridge and fish pellet wag to the middle. However it is normally won fishing meat and pellet up in the water as long as you can comfortably do it... having said that I havent been there this year so all could have changed!

I caught a couple of big fish on paste at 6M
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Simon, three year ago i fished a 140 pegger on partridge and after watching john allerton for a couple of days fishing paste i adopted his methods and came second. However, has you said nothing stays the same so i will have to keep an eye out for match results in the paper has i will not be able to practise due to work.
      Steve Davies

Comment

Dont think much has changed. Only the match weights are creeping up these dates due to the fish growing|! Still up in the air and paste on the deck. You can catch monsters just on yr power top 2 in front of you if you set up and go away from yr peg. 5/6 pellets first put in and you should latch one str8 away on partridge / skylark.

Comment

I have a ticket, and I have been going nearly every week. If I were you, I would stick to what you are good at, be it paste / meat / pellet, whatever. The fish are in clumps, and if you are on one I doesn't really matter what you do, as they will have a peck. Darryl Taylor won the Maver pairs on Wednesday (admittedly he was on a decent peg), but he will deffo have fished paste. However Deano Smith has been doing plenty of damage on the meat, so.... Stick to your strengths and hope for a good peg.

Comment

Cheers for that codfather, currently i'm getting my best results by feeding and fishing pellet so i'll stick to that. Can you use any feed pellet or has it got to be thiers.
            Steve Davies

Comment

Have fun trying to "fish" the pellet as they have a 1.5 pint limit on pellet!
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Simon what about meat do they have a limit for that.
                Steve Davies

Comment

No, 1.5 pellet, 1kg Grounbait, and 5 pints of anything else.
                  1/3 kilo of worm = 1 pint
                  1 big tin of meat (400g) = 1 pint
                  1 big tin of corn = 1 pint
                  1 tin of hemp = 1 pint

Hope that helps.

Comment

Fisho

If you draw dragonfly use the feeder to the channels with paste most of the other lakes are the same with waggler and pellet taking the better weights. a tip for you take some peperani with you cut it into the same size as your pellet. thats as much as i dare say.. good luck. not sure if i can make it but if i can i will buy you a pint after.
                    [url]www.salvesen-angling-club.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Cheers codfather and geof, geof you can give me all the info you want i couldn't compete with the locals or stars anyway.
                      Steve Davies

Comment

Meat and hemp does well , Always popular.

Comment

Originally posted by fishermans-friend View Post
                          Meat and hemp does well , Always popular.
                          Yes, but was it any good 2 years ago when the post was put up!

HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

The end pegs are.
                            Steve Davies

Comment

Originally posted by d n w View Post
                              the end pegs are.
                              :d:d:d
                              HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X