Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Has Kiveton Waters Sheffield closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Kiveton Waters Sheffield closed

Just been informed they have closed thire gates. Due to losing alot of fish out of the carp lake, we have got our club match on this venue at the beginning of july, could anyone out there confirm this rumour.

i have heard this rumor please someone reply because i used to love fishing this water ????????????????

Comment

Yes the rumour was confirmed today, that they have suffered a fish kill. But i still don't know wether they are closed, or to what extent the amount of fish lost is.

Comment

Hi guys,

Our club had a match on Kiveton Lakes (top lake) on Saturday, 28lb won it no mention of a fish kill, weights were down due to the fish spawning, my mates fished it Friday and they struggled due to spawning. We have another match on the bottom lake on the 21st July hope your rumours are untrue lets hope thats all they are.
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

yep please dont close because i like fishing there and people have matches scheduled

Comment

just to help clarify, is it the new BW Kiveton Waters or Kiveton Hall that you're talking about?

Comment

Yes it's the new BW Kiveton Waters what as had the fish kill, not Kiveton Hall Farm, which has no problems !

Weldec will have fished Kiveton Hall Farms top lake, What peg's and method were working best Weldec.

Comment

Hi Waggman,

Yes you are correct it is the Kiveton Waters and not Kiveton Hall Farm that our club fished. I will get some more info for you Waggman as I missed this match due to a family wedding, my mate wormmaster had two carp and lost 10 all foul hooked due to spawning. will get back to you on this one mate.
                Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                ><((((?>
                .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Hi Weldec

It sounds like your club fished the top lake at Kiveton Hall farm, where there is'nt any problems. I think i may be confusing things between both venues. but i would like to know the pegs and methods used. Are you around the Sheffield area.

Regards Waggman

Comment

BW Kiveton Waters

there's a lot of roumers flying round about this water but as usual 99% are untrue !!!.

A few weeks ago there was a problem with oxygen levels in the main lake & the fishery was closed for 1 or 2 days.

Approximatly 50 fish were lost. Due to the stocking of this water ( very high ) this hasn't affected the fishing at all, pleasure anglers are regularly doing over 70lb.

The only thing affected has been the no of anglers fishing the open match's - mainly due to the roumers flying about !!!

If you want upto date info phone Wayne on 07773102488

Comment

Cheers Ratboy,

Glad to here they were just rumours, will be giving it a try later this week hopefully will let you know i go on.

regards waggman

Comment

Any news lately? Heard its been close since the floods?
                        [url]http://yanglers.proboards.com/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                        X