Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

4 favourite floats why and when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 favourite floats why and when

I matchfish every weekend minimum usually 13/16mtr snake type venues but still can,t pick 3/4 floats to use for 90% of the time. Read loads of articles but can,t work out what float for what depth / flow etc. Some say 4 no 10 for shallows but i find these floats limit the shot u can use etc so i,ve no control at distance. Use up to 1gm floats for down the track but not sure when or what depth to really use them or what weight float to use. Sick of buying floats so come on guys what do u use for margins up to 3ft or for 5ft deep down the middle or for when its windy/pulling through etc. Give us a clue.

Well heres my two penneth on floats for snake lakes.
    For tight over in depths of 18 inches to 3 foot i use KC carpa chimps.
    For track fishing in depths of 4-6 feet i use KC carpa chimps in 4x12 or 4x14 depending on conditions.
    For margin fishing in depths of 18 inches to 2 feet i use KC Carpa chimp 4x10 or if its shallower KC carpa shelf.
    Hope that helps, i find it much better to keep things nice and simple.
    Steve Ringer
    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Steve,

I have been looking at the KC chimps and the Raisors which have the carbon stem. In your opinion, what advantages/disadvantages are there between using wire as opposed to carbon stems on commercials?

Cheers
      Dan

Comment

Dan, wire is far more stable than carbon when it comes to choosing a stem material. A more stable float that sits as soon as it hits the water offers better presentation which is my reason for using wire over carbon everytime.
        Steve Ringer
        Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

thanks steve, i already convert many of my floats to wire stem so i understand what your recommending. Why don,t float manufacturers make more wire stem series floats coz carbon won,t sink in light sizes.

Comment

Gd evening,
            If you want 1st class pole floats, have a look :

Blog de flotteursdufils : Flotteurs de competition DUFILS

wire or carbon stem, as you want
            He sells a lot of these in England and Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by maral
              Gd evening,
              If you want 1st class pole floats, have a look :

Blog de flotteursdufils : Flotteurs de competition DUFILS

wire or carbon stem, as you want
              He sells a lot of these in England and Ireland
              Very good floats maral and used in UK a lot in winter for bloodworm fishing.

Comment

Working...
              X