Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pellets

Hi everyone, ive never used pellets before and they seem a great way of catching fish, especially carp. There seems so many types and brands of pellets on offer i have no idea where to start. Could anyone give me some advice on what pellets and what size i should use for the following methods: hair rigging in conjuction with the pellet wag or feeder, pellets for waggler straight on the hook, pellets for cage feeder, pellets to feed by hand.

Dan, you have jumped in the deep end if you have never fished pellet...

Your best bet is to go to the local venue and watch some people fishing and see if they are using pellets - the best learning experience you are ever going to get is to watch other anglers catching fish and ask them questions about the type of pellet they are using on a particular venue - different venues often respond to different types/sizes of pellet.

A good place for you to start is also the local tackle shop and ask them about the venue you intend to fish and ask them to show you how to hair rig pellet and how to prepare it for feeding - this is far easier to show someone than to explain on here!

Another good thing for you to do would be to go to the main part of the site - http://www.talkangling.co.uk and click on the Features / Articles section and you can read loads of articles there written by top anglers helping you out.

Let us know how you get on.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
    X