Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

gill feeding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gill feeding ?

fished match at risby folly recently and after feeding pellet at 11m for 15 minutes peg errupted into a jacuzzi of small bubbles struggled to get any bites or even liners shallow or deep did i miss a trick and what is this 'gill feeding ' i have heard as an explanation?: would like to come higher than 18th on my next visit !
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

I've noticed that the Jacuzzi effect is often created by skimmers, which are feeding on your loose feed. Try using the same bait on the hook as you are feeding and you will then find out whats causing it. You will need to change depths until you find them. Also try feeding smaller amounts more often and fish shallow, and you should hit some carp.

Comment

Alot of the time that this happens its nigh on impossible to catch in the jacuzzi area, try then just feeding a bit to the side and you should catch again, then when that area starts blowing move a little again.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

thanks

thanks for advice will try fishing the outer edges of the jacuzzi next time.tight lines
        the carrot bites back:D
        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
        X