Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

silver fish pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver fish pole

is there a genuine silver fish pole out there? all poles seem to be thick heavy and overly strong just in case we decide to poke them over a carp puddle. surely in 2007 we can have a pole that is light stiff and cope with silvers but not compromised with commercial mentality. i have a spectron and i have had a lot better poles in the past. dont assume everyone cant afford two seperate poles by giving us a 'all rounder' i remember handling a triana years ago and at 13m it was unbelievable. but the choice is ridiculous. help got no time but cash a plenty.serious non sponsered answers please. ta
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

try lookin at the Preston RS80 I believe it is, if memory serves me correctly this was just designed for targeting silvers

I own an old DAM tectron which I use on canals an odd occasion on rivers (for old time sake) absolutly brilliant pole.
    steve (stonecold)
    Talk Angling User
    Last edited by steve (stonecold); 10 June 2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Colmic have a new one out I'm told but sorry dont know the model number?
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i suppose what i'm really after is a very slim pole as this suits my method of feeding the crutch grip it is the only way i can get comfy for five hours and with a pole support makes life easier having small hands i can hold feed and strike a slim pole but struggle with my spectron. most of my winter fishing is done under 13m so i dont need 16m is there a pole which will put more pleasure back in it feels like punishment some days!
        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

I use a Colmic RBS7800 its a few years old now but they do make fantastic silver fish poles, dont use anything above an 8 elastic in it, i agree with Simon check out the Colmic range.
          polemaster
          Last edited by polemaster; 11 June 2007, 09:24 PM.

Comment

go for the RS80 14,5m 1 top 3 2 top 4 an only weighs 900grm at 13m
            Think you can still get em about

Comment

Essence RS80 14.5m Pole
              Designed by Preston Innovations for the match angler who wants the lightest, stiffest pole available.

Code PR369 List Price £1120.00
              Only £899.00
              New radical carbon wrap system.

Paintless matt finish to reduce weight.

Elastic rating 12.

Weight 900g @ 13m.

Supplied: 1 x top 3 kit, 2 top 4 kits, small Competition rod holdall.

Comment

thats colmic and preston on my waggle list anymore for anymore
                ooh you are awful!!

Comment

polemaster, that sound more like an advert than advice are you in the trade or getting back handers for promo on the rs
                  ooh you are awful!!

Comment

If you can pick up a second hand tectron (like rockin horse s**t)be best canal/silver pole you'll get would't part wi mine Seen the preston an its top drawer an you wont be dissapointed

Comment

just out of curiosity does anyone know the butt diameter of the rs80
                      ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                      X