Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Woodlands View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodlands View

Hi all, I'm fishing the Matchfishing subscriber match next week. Can anyone give me a brief run down on the pegs on each lake.
    I expect I'll be fishing the pole short, both down and up, and along the edge later. Told that most pegs will have four to five feet at 11m, but some may be very different.

All I need is which pegs fish a bit differently from normal, perhaps there's a couple on each lake, and which pegs might vary from average depths.

We're fishing:
    Front and Back Deans, High and Arles

Is there any point going longer than those around you, it seems to be all short fishing at the minute?

Thanks for your help
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Arles,If you are allowed to use popped up bread must be under the surface though say three inches then pegs 10-17 and say 23 round to 35 fish it tight up to the island we are allowed to use it in our club match and you usually need 80lbs plus to frame, other than that its just the usual methods feed there pellet fish meat on the hook put some predator plus on it, also worm and caster.

Comment

High pool will differ on depth, can go very deep at long pole, 10' or 12', with good depth at much shorter lengths. Does tend to fish well shallow on its day.

Arles has an island which is a good target for bomb or waggler shallow, I think 2 or 3 pegs can reach it on the pole as well.

Other than that as you were! I do not know what baits are working been so long away but certainly target the edge and any hay bales, specially late on for lumps.

Both Deans pools do well on end pegs, specially with the wind, specially if the actual end peg is left out, if it is still possible be prepared to fish long down the bank, again with big baits for lumps.

HTH
      PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Just to add, I agree with Growlers last point and enjoy fishing worm and caster at Woodlands, sometimes get a good few Tench or big silvers while waiting for the Carp, does not always score but has caught a few for me.
        PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Thanks both, I'll be going with worm and caster, but I've also been told it could still be a corn match.
          Have a bit more info about the place now, but again if anyone has any info on pegs that are a bit different, that would be useful.
          Steve

Check out:

Comment

How many are fishing, what's the spread across the four pools?

Comment

If you are on Deans, try feeding their pellets and fish black sweetcorn over the top. Contrary to popular belief the corners are not necessarily the best and the middle is a good draw.

Comment

Interesting there Royst. I've heard that the 60s on Deans are the hot pegs at the minute?

TC, I think there are 100 or so fishing on Front and Back Deans, Arles and High. Talking to Lee Edwards (who is giving me most of my info) he reckons there won't be enough pegs there. But that is the match info I've been given.

Check out:

Comment

Arles 40
                  Front Deans 33
                  Back Deans 31
                  High 35
                  Enough pegs but not enough space, a 100 pegger could do with five pools at Woodlands.

Comment

Working...
                  X