Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paste

Hi Everyone.
    Can someone tell me how to mix a paste made from pellets that will stay on the hook longer than 5 minutes and what is the best pellets, thanks.
    Jeff
    The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

if you look on match fishing talk angling click on it and go down the list and you see there is a thread on paste making. have a look that may help you all the best mate.

Comment

The art of paste fishing is NOT to make the paste last 5mins.
      As your paste comes off the hook it leaves a lot of oils/flavours/particles in the water which helps to attract fish into the swim. Also as its soft the carp will suck it in causing it to disintigrate, releaseing the hook freely in the mouth. Some people fish it as a slop.
      As for making a paste try this. Take a pint maggot box. Nearly fill with 6mm halibut pellets. Pour on boiling water and then cover with the lid. Leave overnight. The pellets can then be moulded into a paste. Add more water (cold) to make it softer.

Comment

paste

Thanks for the advise on making the paste and the link, I'm still learning.
        Jeff.

Comment

I do practically yhe same as above But use Dynamite 4mm carp pellets and use cold water an leave em over night best I've used

Comment

My fav is green swim stim, can't beat it in my eyes.
            Mix it to a slop and leave for 20 mins, should be just wet enough to mould round your hook.
            But if you try and lift the paste using your line it will fall off.

Comment

paste

Thanks for the paste tips, great site this.
              Jeff.

Comment

there are a million recipes for paste but a simple and effective one is micro pellet paste,cover the pellets with water hot or cold and after a whileyou will be able to mould it into a ball,if it's too stiff add water until it's right.
                You an feed micropellet slop and fish micropellet paste or even feed nothing and just strike the paste off after 2 minutes or so,better not have it last 5 minutes as the hook won't pull through the paste if you get a bite

Comment

thanks

Thanks Alfie, advice much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X