Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Worst match nightmares !!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst match nightmares !!!!!!!!

Just had my all time match fishing nightmare todat at Hayfield on big adams lake. Due to the amount of rain we have recieved this week the metal fishing platforms were about a foot under the water, so we had to fish from the main bank. I drew peg 40 just towards the corner over the foot bridge. I tackled up and put my keep net in the water over the metal submerged platform in front of me as i was thinking of fishing the margins to my left. The match did'nt fish as well as we exspected, i caught carp to 10lb up in the water at 14.5m and on the deck at 5m on paste, After the match thinking to myself i was in with a good chance of winning with around 40lb in the net i was more than happy on the day. when the scales got around to me 33lb was the best weight, so i went to lift my net out of the lake, on starting to retrieve the net it got caught on the edge of the metal sunken platform so i got my landing net handle and just eased the net over it towards the bank, to find to my horror a empty net with a 8" rip in the bottom section. 33lb ended up winning the match.

What is your worst fishing experience.:

yesterday at hayfield on island funnily enough. due to the water it fished slow but after a fruitless hour and half on pellet waggler started a caster line up in the water and with an hour to go was caning big ide then noelie came down to ask me to sort out a disqualification issue. someone was using a micro barb. got back to my peg and fish had gone next door spent last 45 mins watching my lead disappear. lost out by 2lb and the knob who got disqualified was my travelling partner... i should have made him walk home !
    but dont mention ripped keepnets to anyone who has been on the tidal trent when an ocean going liner has been through, you'll be inundated with sob stories.
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Thats bad luck Waggman, a friend of mine had a simular experience on the Trent, the weighmen came to him with the scales telling him 15lb was winning, he said he could easily beat that, he pulled up his his net and there wasn't a single fish in, but there was a 6 inch hole, and all his silver fish catch had gone, his face was a picture.

Comment

told ya !
        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

I learned a valuable lesson in my first season of match fishing one match was on the trent at clifton grove to fish the peg i had waided in about ten foot and fished the feeder and waggler all match for 15 decent chub and a few decent roach. I was well chuffed it was the first time i was going to frame, the angler doing the weigh in had been on the next peg to me and was about 5lb behind me. Any way along he came and said he would come to me to do the weigh in, (you know whats going to happen) yes has i emptied my net into the weigh sling he stumbled and 4 fish missed the net straight in the river. I weighed 29lb we went to get his net and he dragged them up the bank because he never weighs fish over water,(very sensible) he weighed 32lb and didn't bat an eyelid.

Its never happend since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lesson learned
          Steve Davies

Comment

convenient stumble you should have helped him by giving him a big shove
            ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
            X