Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

effing ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effing ridiculous

having read with amusement the pole tapping debate and then other daft bans one miserable sod in our club complained about fishing shallow ! it is not proper fishing and should be banned. nowt as strange as folk.
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

It don't surprise me, if someone finds a method/bait that they get good results from, someone will complain because they can't get to grips with it, just bad sportsman in my oppion.

Comment

your right dave there is definately a knack to cracking any method but some people just do your head in . we are a long time dead ! chill
      ooh you are awful!!

Comment

There is a true skill fishing shallow, and people spend many hours practicing.Then some Cheat decides to dispense with the float, and the feeding, and just taps for five hours.

The worst part of all, is that there will be someone watching who actually thinks its clever , and copies him.
        Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
        If you havnt got a good partner.
        Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

i have to admit although i have never tapped i have when allowed ditched the float however i still avoid floating the pole especially where big ide are involved but i guess i am now on your cheats list apologies
          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

I can remember all the uproar when 'the Swimfeeder' first stated to blitz matches on rivers, anybody would think all the people that were moaning weren't allowed to use it.

Comment

Yes Rive there is definately an art to fishing shallow.. and I'm learning all the time, part of that learning curve however does involve tapping - I have never done it constantly but it is very usefull in certain situations with the odd tap here and there.
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

plastic pig

ashfield dave you jogged my memory with feeders outrage when it started winning on the trent another skill- less method. i remember one guy who always won his trent matches on it because he was the only one in the club willing to buy a gallon and half of bronze maggots! i remember one brilliant young angler who chucked fishing when the pole started to dominate our local canal because he was outstanding on the waggler tight over. and then the issue of 'buying'fish with ridiculous amounts of bait instead of skill .complex this fishing lark!
                ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                X