Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

first fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first fish

remember your first fish ? mine was a gudgeon on the swale. my dad took me up there and rigged me up with a three piece rod (two bits cane and the top solid glass ) and i saw these fish in the edge so i put a small piece of worm on my ledger rig (coffin lead - remember them ? ) and got one but dropped it off into a nettle bed swinging it in. i dived in to get the coverted prize , got stung all over and ran up the bank to show my dad. unfortunately i taffled my rod with my dads just as he was playing a fish and caused a right mess. so my dad had to walk backwards up the bank holding two rods and i netted this huge perch. both went in the keepnet but at the end of the day no gudgeon but the perch looked happy ! dads no longer here but the memories are etched for eternity. cheers pops for introducing me to the greatest sport in the world.
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

Mine was also a gudgeon.

Comment

mine was a roach out of Haden Hill park pool and we werent supposed to fish it but used to play cat and mouse with the wardens.... there was loads of fish in there perch, roach and pike and you could catch with a stick and some line tied to the end it was that easy... I think you can fish it now
      Last edited by leetwin; 21 June 2007, 01:55 PM.
      :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
      [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Mine was a chub in 1958! Caught in a stillwater when that was uncommon.Home made garden cane rod! It was caught on brown bread when the "real" fishermen were not catching in the midday sun!They were all tryiing to secure some brown bread afterwards!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

mine was a roach on the river Avon in 1974 when i was 13yrs old to me that was like catching a 20lb carp on that day its funny when you look back

Comment

mine was a mackrel in the north sea. I was 14 on works experince at school and didn't fish from then till this year when my first fresh water fish was a 2lb carp at woodlands in thirsk North Yorkshire

Comment

gudgeon on the staffs worcester canal
              Matt Smith
              Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

My first was a perch from Lymm Dam my uncle took my brother, my cousin n me. They lasted about 10 minutes but I stuck it out (until the bailiff came round and my uncle made me pack up)
                I think I was about 8 or 9

Comment

A roach or maybe a skimmer from Sale Water Park when I was seven. In the days when it was one a chuck silver fish before the cormarants turned up!

Comment

my first was a gudgeon. man and looking at the year my bro got his 1974
                    think i was still in nappies,as he was the one who used to take me. art you are showing your age you old man you lol.....
                    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                    X