Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Miserable tackle shop owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miserable tackle shop owners

How many times do go into a local tackle shop and they seem to go out of there way to make you feel uneasy !!

I go to a nice well stocked shop not many miles away but the people behind the counter are so miserable, I wish they would cheer up a bit, i would love a nice little job messing with tackle and bait all day but these people never seem to smile, you ask a question but you never get a decent answer, perhaps they have seen enough maggots over the years..

Anybody else got a miserable local tackle shop ??

I will continue to use the shop as long as they let me.
    Team Carling ( Drinking For England )

I know of one tackle shop that greets me with "put the kettle on".

Saying that they have had to install cctv due to thefts.Only small items but it all adds up.
    [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

cant say

Comment

There probably tired of bagging up those Gallons of maggots your using

I never get a decent answer from you either perhaps its catching

Comment

Our local tackle shop as 3 guys who are brilliant, whether you pop in and spend 50p or £50 they treat you the same, always ready for a chat and a bit of advice if needed, so Phil, Adam and Allan of Phils Bait & Tackle in Sutton in Ashfield take a bow.
          There was a very well know angler who owned Mansfield Angling who was the most miserable around.

Comment

Originally posted by ss
            There probably tired of bagging up those Gallons of maggots your using

I never get a decent answer from you either perhaps its catching
            when was the last time u brought me a pint steve ??

Comment

I know of one in lichfield, i,ve only been in there twice, the second time i really hadn,t got a choice. the miserable git needs a humour transplant. Then there,s the other shop, the one you cant get served in cos the local click and the gaffer wont let ya get a word in edgeways. Hope you know what i mean, those 2 or 3 blokes that are in the corner every time you go in but dont buy owt and stay all day.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1
                I know of one in lichfield, i,ve only been in there twice, the second time i really hadn,t got a choice. the miserable git needs a humour transplant. Then there,s the other shop, the one you cant get served in cos the local click and the gaffer wont let ya get a word in edgeways. Hope you know what i mean, those 2 or 3 blokes that are in the corner every time you go in but dont buy owt and stay all day.
                sounds like staffordshire angling on chasetown high street ives is a good bloke though i use allans in bloxwich helpfull guys an always an they ther stuff

Comment

it seems like a national problem i send our lass in sometimes with a list and she gets told ' he doesnt want them love' and comes home with utterly useless crap. i know what you mean about same faces always in must be dole wallers. good job some of us pay our taxes. to be fair hull got several very good shops and staff.
                  the carrot bites back:D
                  ooh you are awful!!

Comment

My local tackle shop owner dave is friendly enough but i'm sure he's been to the arkwright school for shop keepers. When i only go in for a packet of hooks i come out with £30.00 worth of gear i didn't no that i needed. He also has arkwrights till once the money goes in it never comes out again.
                    Steve Davies

Comment

Gone are the days when the majority of good tackle shops were owned by good anglers, in the mould of Billy Lane, Austin Clisset, Barry Brookes, Ivan Marks to name a few, whose knowledge spread across hunderds of different venues and subsequently styles of fishing, chances are our local shop owner only fishes one venue and that with a pole so what knowledge he may have on different venues is limited to chat he may hear or pick up from the magazines, chances are if you are fishing the opens he is on the same venue not much chance of good info there then.
                      The quality anglers of today seem to be consultants or feature writers for the magazines or into the current vogue of coaching, will the good old days come back I doubt it, the capital investment alone precludes that happening, only a good business man can make a tackle shop work being a name is no longer enough.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Leigh Bait & Tackle steve and terry go out of their way to make you feel welcome and they always give you a good deal.

Top Shop

Comment

The won near me, the 2 blokes are right miserable b*ggers,you ask em stuff and you feel they don't tell you everything, or they dont actually know which is more like it .

Comment

Si Cooper, Its definatley not Staffordshire Angling and Ivan me old mate is definatley not the guy. That man has got a heart of gold. Solid mate.

Comment

I use a great shop in bloxwich- allens fishing tackle. Everytime i go on they make you feel welcome and help you in every way possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X