Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

calm in a match or loose it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calm in a match or loose it

: hi guys do you like me loose the plot when you see other anglers catching but not you do you judge yourself on anglers eather side of you just the same ass you would in acannal match trouble with me im thinking what am i doing wrong loosing it you no what i mean ? whats the secret of staying calm and thinking may be the fish just aint there

Well if the anglers around you are catching always keep a close eye on what they are doing differently. Even if you can't catch them back up you may pick up a trick or two for next time.

Comment

some days, you have good matches some days you blank, i get tense if i'm not catching and the people around me are, the best thing to do is see how you could approach it different if you've got time, if you don't maybe a simple bait change could produce more bites.
      "Where's my landing net handle?" :eek::eek:

Comment

its all about confidence! what you base your match plan on & sticking to it, if its sound will bare fruit more often than not, if the pegs good enough! but sometimes you need a plan b!!! what you dont want to do is panic as this will get you nowhere, you can be misled into thinking people are catching more or bigger fish when its not the case! ie netting small fish also making fish splash on their way in! it all part & parcel of the match scene! But if you are really getting hammered try & find out why, it could be that you're feeding differently to the others or fishing too close in, too deep etc. but lets face it we all get battered now & again, so dont let it ruin your fishing, its to be enjoyed!!!

Comment

I know when i loose it , the pole is shipped back at the speed of a frieght train , i get a bird nest tangle , so in goes the biggest load of bait down the margins, that the level of the lake rises. Gotta calm down.

Comment

It happened 2 me today, I drew a peg no one fancied, didn't catch for the first hour, while all around fish were being caught. So I employed a trick a mate of mine use's - I moaned like a an old hoar!

Finished up second Down side was I was the golden pen, lost by 11oz and must have put back 40lb

Comment

Originally posted by redfin View Post
              It happened 2 me today, I drew a peg no one fancied, didn't catch for the first hour, while all around fish were being caught. So I employed a trick a mate of mine use's - I moaned like a an old hoar!

Finished up second Down side was I was the golden pen, lost by 11oz and must have put back 40lb
              Choose a method from the off and stick to it trust me a time will come in the match when the fish are there. The key is to make the most of this time and catch as many as you can, It may be the 1st hour or the last but it will happen so just do what your happy with and enjoy your self forget its a match,forget Joe Soap in the next peg and pleasure fish it: Remember what you did what worked for you and what didnt
              :cool: Honest its not a barbed hook :cool:

Comment

devise a plan and stick to it pal,,like some others have said,,,, you can get complacant and just end up wasting time trying stuff that aint gunna work or chasing shadows!!!
                if you see fish,,,the temptation is there to target them,,but more often than not,,the fish you can see are the fish that dont want to be fed!!!!
                regaurdless of what venue you fish,,, different venue or a regular haunt,,get out on the banks before hand and have a good chin wag with anglers who are putting fish in the net in matches,,, no point in asking a guy who has the lake to himself,,,cos your not getting a true judgement of how it will fish under match conditions!!!!
                i used to do exactly the same as you matey at my local fishery,,,and would try as many as 10 different methods and or lines in one match,,,!!!
                until i started taking advice off the lads with brown envelopes after most matches,,,!
                have a plan,,,,and stick to it,,at some point in the day you will start to get bites!!!! and bites turn into fish!!!!
                yes,,its ok to have a back up plan but dont be too hasty!!!!!
                give plan A time to develop before abandoning it,,, more often than not if you've done your homework,,, it will work!!!
                and finally matey,,,ENJOY your fishing,,, like you've said,, you can start to feel dejected when others are catching and be pressured into making unneccasary changes,!!
                its good to be competative but you got to ask yourself at what cost!!!!
                i was getting way to competative at one point and trying way to hard!!!! meaning i wasnt enjoying my fishing at all!!!!
                it was my missus who noticed it though!!!
                she told me,,
                " you go fishing to relax and take a break from the daily grind,, but you come home lookin more stressed than when you've been at work all week",,!
                whats the point?????

give it a go next time out matey,,,
                stick to a plan,,and try to enjoy your fishing,,, its a day out after all!!!
                who cares if others are catching before you!
                ITS A MARATHON,,NOT A SPRINT!!!
                Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 25 April 2010, 12:43 PM.
                :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Originally posted by justice View Post
                  I know when i loose it , the pole is shipped back at the speed of a frieght train , i get a bird nest tangle , so in goes the biggest load of bait down the margins, that the level of the lake rises. Gotta calm down.
                  pmsl same here

Comment

Working...
                  X