Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Match Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Fishing

What is the general opinion of Match Fishing magazine price rise.

Most of the mags are overpriced! I used to buy a years and resurrect them each month in the subsequent year! Don't even do that now! I find the annual subscription which I've pegged for rthe Midland Angler best value for me in the Midlands!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

match fishing mag

I subscribe to Match fishing, but i will not be once its run out. Its too expensive and full of adverts, i counted 85pages of adverts in 1 of the magazines. again i think the angler gets ripped off
      [url]www.salvesen-angling-club.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i've stopped subscribing my biggest gripe is being a silver fish angler it doesn't provide me with what i want it is carp carp carp.and the sponsored articles are a joke. and the reviews on poles are laughable. they daren't call it as it is for fear of losing advertising revenue. i looked at an article on punch fishing from the magazine 6 years ago nothing has changed same hooks diameters etc just different faces.sooner get a pint of casters.
        the carrot bites back:D
        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Would it be a fair assumption that these magazines would be more suited to the novice rather than the experience angler even though everyone of us are always hunting for a way to get an edge on everyone else?. Does that make sense. Anyway for those that have been round the block before, you should know by now that their,s always been a load of chaff amongst the wheat.

Comment

Well sorry but I must disagree with you all !
            The price of the Mag is around the same you pay for a pint and half of maggots ? The ads help fund the Mag and since my return to wetting a line I have found it to be a good read with articles on canals and rivers however the bias is towards carp match angling is just a reflection on how many people fish that style week in week out.
            I would like to read more about the art of stick float fishing but wouldn't mind betting half of the commercial lads wouldn't know how to attach one to a line !
            Overall I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10 Always room for improvement Mr Harrell

Comment

to coin a phrase...its all ...... we have read it a million times and seen it the same..floats catch anglers.....tackle catches anglers.....skill and finese catch fish, expensive tackle does not make a good angler
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

well said teepot
                the carrot bites back:D
                ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
                  to coin a phrase...its all ...... we have read it a million times and seen it the same..floats catch anglers.....tackle catches anglers.....skill and finese catch fish, expensive tackle does not make a good angler
                  I adore looking at lovely floats
                  Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                  If you havnt got a good partner.
                  Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

Who needs modern tackle eh lads

So your all still using fiber glass poles, cork or crow quill floats,wicker creels and bent pins for hooks ? Ahh them were the days kids today don't know their born
                    Now I agree that no amount of top gear will make up for lack of skill and water craft but lets not get carried away.
                    Adequate fit for purpose tackle is also necessary I'm looking to upgrade my 10year old Daiwa connoisseur that groans every time I hook a decent fish does that make me a tackle tart ?
                    Anyway thought we started talking about fishing magazines ?

Comment

I just done a lake record at manor farm with a 18 year old pole, so u dont need new kit.just something fit for purpose.

Comment

Well done Fordy!!
                        John - Kingfisher
                        Talk Angling Senior Member
                        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

spose its ok if yer like fishin mud puddles like Moorlands ,that gets a bit of publicty in the mag ,an if you do your used ter gettin ripped off so the price of Match Fishing magazine wont worry you.
                          ,plus yer bound ter get yer picture in it sooner or later as theres only 8 or nine on most matches there

Comment

Originally posted by dudley grub
                            spose its ok if yer like fishin mud puddles like Moorlands ,that gets a bit of publicty in the mag ,an if you do your used ter gettin ripped off so the price of Match Fishing magazine wont worry you.
                            ,plus yer bound ter get yer picture in it sooner or later as theres only 8 or nine on most matches there

I'm sure it's past your bed time.....

Comment

Innovations are born out of mans almost instinctive need to creat and improve his situation, The angling press only serves to bring these innovations in the angling world to our attention but theirs a cost. Some of us seek information other than new tackle which as far as i,m concerned is sadly lacking. If you,re a tackle tart however you must be in Hog Heaven. Glossy pictures wont improve my angling. Inccidentaly i,ve noticed it does take a fair amount of time for these new all singin all dancin products to make general distribution but thats digressing. If you,re satisfied with what you,re paying for and you,re getting "value for money" thats great. But what the magazines offer me in terms VFM falls a long way short.

Comment

Working...
                              X