Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

plumbing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing up?

well, me and the bro was talking and man we do a lot of that!
    when you plumb up, do you set it to the tip of the float? or the middle? or neither, just wherever it goes?
    when i set up i split my float up, see where it lies in the water then plumb to that point.
    cuz, if you set it to the top of the float, for instance,
    then when you take the plumb off and put your bait on you would now be off the bottom.
    just wondered what your thoughts were on this.
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

It depends on how far your plummet sinks into the silt on the bottom.

Comment

haaaaaaa see so you are saying what, that you never would know if you are on the bottom, cuz you would not know how deep in the silt you was, in that case you would be over depth?
      [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

i use a wide bottom plum bob and just lower softly if i suspect silt
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

is that the bell shape one or do you use the one where you have to push the center up then hook your hook in the top

Comment

its a home made jobby thin and about the size of a penny

Comment

cool one way around it, of course you will show me all this at hillview lol........

Comment

you could also put a big shot on your hook if you want to be more accurate

Comment

all this is fine but if you dont plumb to the same depth as your float is with your splits and your bait on, you will always be eather over depth or to shallow
                  or am i just being picky? cuz they always say you must be right on the bottom with some baits or you wont get the bites or not as much bites as you should do
                  my way is if they want it that bad then they will take it? and i dont do to bad in fishing not the best

Comment

i also have a small plumbob with a 1 inch stem i use this for punch fishing ...so i am just 1 inch of bottom and thats where i start and adjust accordingly

Comment

Whats a plumbob, i just guess.
                      Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                      If you havnt got a good partner.
                      Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

A Rive box and a tourney pro and you just guess the depth, pull the other one Tony

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Who fishes on the bottom anyway?

Comment

thank you larry like i was thinking that everone seems to set there float when they are fishing, so really no-one really knows if they are are on the bottom or if they are off the bottom. if the fish take it that is the depth they will stay at, so really if the fish are there they will take it if they are not they wont not really the case of needing to be set up right just trying diffrent things.

Comment

i understand that pellet should be fished dead depth as it is a 'dead' bait and fish can disturb silt and cover it i use a 2p piece with a bit of foam stuck to it as a plummet works for me.
                              the carrot bites back:D
                              ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                              X