Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

5 ways lakes fisheries wolvey 16/5/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 ways lakes fisheries wolvey 16/5/10

Hi,

Just thought id list match stats and thoughts on a lake i have struggled with in our match list for the past 3 years.

Basically this match is won at the draw.

5 ways lakes fisheries has been consistently appalling each time we have been as a club i get the feeling its not stocked as a commercial nor does it like that many people round it so in many ways its just a hole in the ground.

if you draw in the middle of the islands forget it... for the past 3 years our match has been won from the far end of the second island 7lb last year. 9lb won it today weather was fine conditions fine fishing poor.

One to note i didnt like the quad coming round at any point let alone before the start its bad enough fishing as it is.

I have given this 3 goes and never done any good, always drawing inside the islands i had 8oz for 3rd last year 5lb for 4th today

Its a camp site with a cafe and a water feature.

is it just silvers in there then?
    "Where's my landing net handle?" :eek::eek:

Comment

To be honest, based on my last outings i went little and often.. very disciplined for the bream and roach.

had a skimmer 1 an hour so i wouldnt be as kind to say it has silvers in to any degree more than an unstocked non commercial wild lake.

i was inside the first island and had more than anyone on my bank without an island end to go at so i did as well as i could.

Comment

oh dear better cancel the site match i have booked there for july 4th then cus the place is utter rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

right,,i think im gunna get pete swinson to take me off the list for the TA knockup down there,,not travelling all that way if its crap!!!!
          i struggle on good venues so what hope do i have down there?
          you know im a fan of aston park dont you?

pmsl!
          Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 16 May 2010, 09:05 PM.
          :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

it is what it is bud. but you wont!!! not asking you to.

id rather be told fact... "a match was won with 80lb, once!" so that might be july 4th

3 matches.. 16 guys and non of us have broke double figures.

I'm giving my view, based on our results as i know them to be fact.

Looking for info on how its fishing... ive got the very very latest.

Comment

If you look at my history... 100% straight

The cov guys had a match on Kingsbury, they were told swan pool big bream shoals etc...

I said No way maybe 15 years ago, full of anchovy. The guy had 106 blades for just over 1lb came 2nd, 2lb won ... that isn’t shoals of bream.

I just think it’s wrong to give false info, give non if you dont have a clue (not aimed at anyone)

Comment

sorry rich ive been there once and won a 20 peg match off peg 22 with 33lb its not that bad m8

Comment

Mister,

Was that the right hand side from the hut... then end of the second island ... peg 22 getting very close if not exactly ? or was you a peg either side then chucking to the 2nd island.....please just confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
                    right,,i think im gunna get pete swinson to take me off the list for the TA knockup down there,,not travelling all that way if its crap!!!!
                    i struggle on good venues so what hope do i have down there?
                    pmsl!
                    You won't come last.

I will.

I blank on good venues.....

Comment

According to a reliable source the open on saturday 15th may 2010 was won with 87lb second was 45lb third was 33lb and all 3 anglers were different parts of the lake.

Comment

no m8 inbetween two i/lands middle of the lake

Comment

sounds crap to me so im affraid i wont be going!
                          :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Dont you mean the place is just to good for you leaky

Comment

Sponge,

The source happen to mention it was an evening match....

Because it was, this being my point on reliable info if i ask for stats and facts for a normal match on the weekend (10-3) what good is the info on an evening match that are catching in the margins at 8pm .... when you/me are home and fed.

as i said the above is a factual account of how its fishing, what do they say.. your only as good as your last match?!?!?
                              Last edited by richierich2347; 17 May 2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X