Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

elastic size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elastic size

hey up, i,m match fishing a water with carp from 12 oz to 15 lb, my problem is that ive got 2 power tops but what elastic shud i put in them bearing in mind im clunking into a 8 pounder and then into a 1 pounder, thanx in advance.

You need to gear your elastics to suit the average size of fish but to be capable of handling with care the bonus lump, I would look at setting your two kits up with white hydro which will cover the average fish and black hydro for the better fish should you be really on them, I use maver 12 -20 thrugh one kit and that wil cover skimmers to fish that go over double, another alternative may be pure latex which has a fair stretch and is again soft enough to cover the smaller fish without bumping too many. Elastic tension is also important too tight and you will bump the smaller fish to soft and you will be playing lumps for ever I would recommend using winder bungs so you can adjust tensions to suit the day, pull bungs also allow you to fish lighter elastics and put added tension on if you are on bigger fish.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Have a look at putting a Milo pull bung into at least one of your top kits then use something like a No12 latex in it, this should then allow you to land the 1lb fish easily and then when you hook into a bigger sample you can just use the pull bung to take up the elastic.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
      X