Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How do you get sponsorship for a charity fishing match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get sponsorship for a charity fishing match

Hi everyone,

I'm running a charity fishing match at Partridge Lakes Cheshire and I'm looking for a sponsor for the event i've already got numerous donations from local tackle shops for raffle prizes but I would idealy like to get the event sponsored from a tackle manufacturer or bait supplier etc can any one help.

Regards

John
    JB56
    Talk Angling User
    Last edited by JB56; 11 July 2007, 02:24 PM.

Hi John,

Good luck with the match mate, looking forward to it.

Comment

Can't really help you, but Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PartridgeClive
        Hi John,

Good luck with the match mate, looking forward to it.
        Hi Clive,

Have you booked on ?????

Comment

hi
          well having run a few over the past couple years mate , this year is the first one where i had a sponsor for the match ,

it was antbait , they always donate to me and this year he asked if he could sponsor the event ,
          all you can do is approach companys and ask mate ,
          what i will say is
          its taken me 3 years to get the event as is it now , with one hell of a lot of sheer hard work , it dont happen over night
          good luck and i i wish you well ,
          CATS & DOGS PROUD SPONSORS OF THE BIG BASH [url]www.thebigbash.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanks for that Kev I've already written to some of the tackle manufacturers and bait suppliers although I've not yet written to antbait.

The fact is that I would like to make this match an annual event in an attempt to keep my friends name alive, he was a very competent and respected angler who died too soon at the age of 53 and I would like a number of different charites to benefit from monies raised in his name over the coming years.

Regards

John

Comment

best of luck mate , dont give up if they trun round and say no because a lot will ,
              i sent out over 1200 yes 1200 e mails and letters and phone calls and got thick end of 150 companys to pledge ,

get your sen to next years event at lindholme mate
              kev
              CATS & DOGS PROUD SPONSORS OF THE BIG BASH [url]www.thebigbash.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Ken Giles was good to me when I ran charity matches for NSPCC. Of course he's retired now. An annual letter to Partridge Hooks at Redditch always resulted in something in the fishing tackle line! Good luck!
                John - Kingfisher
                Talk Angling Senior Member
                Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

yes mate already booked on, should be a good un

Comment

Originally posted by PartridgeClive
                    yes mate already booked on, should be a good un
                    I haven't got your name on the list unless you have booked under another name please enlighten me.

Regards

John

Comment

I'm on mate

Comment

Working...
                      X