Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

LIFE,DEATH or FISHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFE,DEATH or FISHING

So miles and miles of waterways are to be opened that have never been fished before due to overhead powerlines.

Why? because of a relaxation in NATIONAL SAFETY LAWS, yes a relaxation in SAFETY LAWS, have you ever read anything so disturbing, just for the sake of a few fish. These people say it would trigger a wealth of fishing opportunities if the risk of injury is not deemed significant, is it really worth 'THE RISK', INJURY or DEATH, to catch fish, (I don't think so).

On one water they say club members would be able to target Carp to 25lb, Chub to 6lb and shoals of Bream, I say leave them well alone.

SAFETY LAWS SHOULD NEVER NEVER BE RELAXED

We read recently of a young lad who tragically lost his life trying to retrieve his float, who could have forseen this tragic accident, no matter how many risk assesments would have been done accidents will still happen.

I say keep the ban as it is, no amount of fish is worth INJURY or even DEATH.

I hope I am not posting another thread in the future saying 'I told you so'.

im with you on this one mate not worth the risk but i am afraid your last comment will come true

Comment

Which stretches of water are these??
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Simon, does it really matter what stretch, it is still a relaxation in Safety laws.

Comment

Cheers TGM, and I hope we are both wrong on my last comment.

Comment

Working...
          X