Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Anyone fish the Boston Drains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fish the Boston Drains

Anyone who fishes the boston drains got any info, will be going september so any tips greatly appreciated

Fished it a few years ago in a fisho qualifier. Think the main aim was bream across with g/bait feeder then.

Comment

Which drains, i.e bargate, hobhole etc. At that time of it is normally whip or long pole for roach the mainstay and a few big skimmers. Baits are squatt and groundbait with pinky on the hook. Later in the year breadpunch can work when the frosts hit and the colour drops out. With the weather the way it is that could be in a couple of weeks.
      Steve Davies

Comment

Yes its very hard work on there! We fished it on the div1 national a few years back... all I can say is dont go mad with the feed and try lots of different areas in your peg, squatt with pinkie over. You tend to catch straight off over a single ball of groundbait thrown in then scratch for the rest of the match and look for a bonus on a very small gb feeder.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Also something i forgot to mention take a rope so you can tie it to the back of your car to get down and up the bank (the mud is thick and quite a few anglers slid in with all there gear).

It can be tough has simon says but at that time of year if you draw near a bridge or are on the end peg, you will catch all day. In the boston winter league up to 50lb of roach can be needed with plenty of matches being won with 20lb - 50lb.
          Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
          X