Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

weighing in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weighing in

fished a match the other day and at the weigh in one of our lads weighed his fish and the weight was recorded but as the guys started to move off he realised he still had a small carp in the folds of his net. when he told them they just laughed and said ' too late mate' surely this is wrong an objection was raised and he was given his pools money back but it cost him and the team 2 points . what is the nfa ruling on this at the very least it was unsporting by the opposition who was doing the weighing. personally if it was me i would have 'persuaded' them to weigh it and got it recorded and argued over it as the results were being compiled . any thoughts
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

IMHO its the anglers fault check your net....check the dial or beams... and check what was written down.....then you know its right
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

The fish should have been weighed.

Comment

just how far could the scalesman have got....what if he weighed the next guy....would you still have expected the fish weighed.....its not the scalesman job to check the competitors nets

Comment

Larry,
          It depends on who is emptying the fish into the weigh net.
          If it is the scalesmen, then it is their responsibility to ensure that all fish are weighed. Obviously if you are tranfering your own fish to the weigh net it is your responsibility.
          [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
          [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

yes pete i will concide to that point.

Comment

what happened to sportsmanship? if i had won a match under those cicumstances i would have handed the winnings over . remember the young guy who was disqualified from winning the fisho qualifier because he broke the 50lb net rule.outrageous. rules are there to stop cheating not handicap everyone.surely a yellow card - red card system would be fairer. one mistake is a warning, two and it is your fault and disqualification.
              Last edited by compleat tangler; 22 July 2007, 04:09 PM.
              ooh you are awful!!

Comment

ahh you mean the lad who had a 3rd net sat behind him empty...and broke a rule that was there to protect fish .....a rule was broken...end of...harsh i know but it was there for a reason

Comment

I was on isaac waters last week, Now they had a rule that if you caught a fish over 4lb you had to shout some guy to weigh them cause they said it was too big for the nets. Now this guy who done the weights was running round like a madman, but cause one of our guys said sod it ! the owner picked his net and chucked back about 30lb of carp and said he was barred ! Now can this be allowed cause i think it was pointless and for sure the waters dont expect us to carry scales around with us, cause I know for sure ill stick a extra few pound on if nobody was looking
                  [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

weighing

Originally posted by MatchGaz
                    I was on isaac waters last week, Now they had a rule that if you caught a fish over 4lb you had to shout some guy to weigh them cause they said it was too big for the nets. Now this guy who done the weights was running round like a madman, but cause one of our guys said sod it ! the owner picked his net and chucked back about 30lb of carp and said he was barred ! Now can this be allowed cause i think it was pointless and for sure the waters dont expect us to carry scales around with us, cause I know for sure ill stick a extra few pound on if nobody was looking
                    a similar system operates at hosticks near hull and isnt policed properly. all fish over 5lb were supposed to be weighed and returned but the guy next to me weighed 6 carp for 35lb !! and people cheat when weighing fish crap system
                    ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Its down to the angler really to ensure the net is empty (i pull the bottem ring through to empty them and then pull the ring out and check every set of rings to the bottem) this is more important with carp nets has they can hide fish in the mesh. It is also the anglers responsibility to ensure the correct weigh is recorded on the sheet. I have learned the hard way in the past so allways go through this routine.

After saying this if the match is a small open i.e 40 or less it is a bit tight of the weighman not to weigh the fish in. I have fished matches were say a gudgeon was left in the net after the weigh and they were just given 1 oz without weighing sometimes commen sense must prevail.

Has to the weighing fish over a certain weight and putting them back i thought wouldn't work until we went to Rolfs were there were enough scales to minimise the delay in fishing and you let the angler at the next peg weigh the fish. It also kept the fish in great nick with the fish dips.
                      Last edited by D N W; 23 July 2007, 09:17 AM.
                      Steve Davies

Comment

Originally posted by D N W
                        It

Has to the weighing fish over a certain weight and putting them back i thought wouldn't work until we went to Rolfs were there were enough scales to minimise the delay in fishing and you let the angler at the next peg weigh the fish. It also kept the fish in great nick with the fish dips.
                        sounds a lot more organised there than here. one set of scales between 25 anglers !!
                        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                        X