Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Floating Baits in Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Baits in Matches

Following on from the floating pole debait, i was wondering what your views on using floating baits in matches.

Watching a piece of floating bread being sucked in by a carp can be one of the most exciting ways of catching fish. However, in a match situation i pesonally belief it shouldn't be allowed due to the fact that bits of bread will float into other anglers pegs has happend to me yesterday, i had got the fish going on the island shelf when the wind direction changed and half a loaf came through my peg and took the fish with them.

In the lincs area lots of venues have banned it all together and has a result weights have picked up on other methods due to the fish not looking up all the time and getting there heads down to feed.
    Steve Davies

floaters

i agree with the banning of feeding floating baits as it disrupts others swims but not in fishing floaters on the hook this cant affect another swim.
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

Comment

In all match fishing rules, it states you must feed only your own swim, and not others. If you feed floating baits, the wind or natural flow, will feed the swims of your competitors, therefore breaking the rules, which should result in disqualification.

People are always looking for a way to catch fish, without putting the hours of practice that is needed to compete on a regular basis. These people always carp on about," if it works it should be allowed". I have absolutely no time for them,they should stick to pleasure fishing.
      Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
      If you havnt got a good partner.
      Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

CT that has been tried at a venue close to me where dog biscuit was the main method. However, a few anglers then went to bread because they could strike the bread off and then rebait were has with dog biscuit it doesn't come off so easy. It was funny how many bites they got on bread and never hooked anything.
        Steve Davies

Comment

sinkers that float

it is a tricky one i've fed hard pellet and the carp have taken the odd one that has floated or got stuck in the surface tension but not being allowed to use a floater is fustrating. i think rive t thinks every angler in the land bar one is a fiddling b*****d !!
          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Originally posted by compleat tangler
            it is a tricky one i've fed hard pellet and the carp have taken the odd one that has floated or got stuck in the surface tension but not being allowed to use a floater is fustrating. i think rive t thinks every angler in the land bar one is a fiddling b*****d !!
            Most of them are. I have spent hours and hours, trying to better my technique, and it infuriates me some people flaunt the rules, of this great sport
            Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
            If you havnt got a good partner.
            Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

Nobody is suggesting that you would revert to floating pole or floatless rig fishing the canal for bits mate. It's knowing how to fish in all situations that marks out a good angler. Pleasure fishing is part of the preparation. But of course you can choose to fish where the rules limit you to your"expertise!"
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

i have to agree with Rive.it may sound harsh but the guy is right..rules are rules it really is as simple as that....i for one will tell the guy next to me if i think he is breaking rules
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I haven't seen one contributor to this thread or the one on floating poles advocate breaking any rules. Read the threads properly Pete there's a good chap!!
                  John - Kingfisher
                  Talk Angling Senior Member
                  Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Originally posted by rive t
                    In all match fishing rules, it states you must feed only your own swim, and not others. If you feed floating baits, the wind or natural flow, will feed the swims of your competitors, therefore breaking the rules, which should result in disqualification.

People are always looking for a way to catch fish, without putting the hours of practice that is needed to compete on a regular basis. These people always carp on about," if it works it should be allowed". I have absolutely no time for them,they should stick to pleasure fishing.

read them carefully John....i can only find the one i was refering to
                    Last edited by Larry Teepot; 22 July 2007, 06:18 PM.

Comment

If the venue allows it and you don't like it don't go there simple,even i could work that out.What about loose feeding on rivers,some bait goe's into down steam anglers peg,also ground baiting on rivers, particles can go a few pegs , so think about the whole picture and not just the type of fishing u can't do.It's a bit micky mouse fishing floaters but is a good crack and at the end of the day to become an angler u need to master all methods, if u don't u just stay as a fisher man(person)
                      Last edited by FORDY-1; 22 July 2007, 06:23 PM.

Comment

lol i wouldnt.... i only go where the rules are clear...and i make them

Comment

Is it me or are some of the recent posts / threads there just to create an effect, it really is simple if you dont like the fact that floating pole or floating baits are allowed then dont fish the match or venue, you have that choice.
                          The floating pole is just another method its no different to how the feeder was compared to using a stick float or waggler when the feeder first hit the scene, had the antis got that bannned would we have seen the development of the method feeder, pole feeder, bagging waggler etc all legitimate methods of catching fish non of which guarantee you a match win but might just put a few fish in the net if thats the right method on the day.
                          In my opinion it aint the method that is the root cause of the problem its the species that dominate many a fishery and thats carp for without them we would all be fishing more conventionally.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i will give most methods ago but one that leaves me cold is the method feeder on the pole. now some people carn't even be arsed to cast it out!!! effective ..definately but skillfull....not really. it is known as the ' ball of ' up this way.i think that about sums it up !!!
                            ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G
                              Is it me or are some of the recent posts / threads there just to create an effect, it really is simple if you dont like the fact that floating pole or floating baits are allowed then dont fish the match or venue, you have that choice.
                              Brian i didn't start this thread for effect it was just continuing the debate after the match on the pros and cons of the method. I thought that was the point of forums to debate and ask questions about the sport we all enjoy.
                              Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X