Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Maggots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggots

What's the best way to kill maggots? and is it best to do it night before or day of match.
    [B][FONT="Tahoma"]Coton Cons AC[/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT="Tahoma"]"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." Winston Churchill. [/FONT][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"][URL]www.victorian-bulldog.co.uk[/URL][/COLOR][/B]

the best way i have found is to scald them or freeze them. just remember not to tell the missus they are in the freezer though!

Comment

killing maggots

hi leigh
      the best way to kill maggots is to stamp on them only takes a second,

Comment

The maggots I had left over last weekend I put back in the plastic bag they came in & filled it with water & then tied a knot in the bag. I don't know if they drowned or suffocated (who'd be a f'kin maggot ) but they were dead for the match today....... didn't do me much good though

Comment

Originally posted by SUMO
          hi leigh
          the best way to kill maggots is to stamp on them only takes a second,
          Just wait till I get ur photo up on here
          [B][FONT="Tahoma"]Coton Cons AC[/FONT][/B]
          [B][FONT="Tahoma"]"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." Winston Churchill. [/FONT][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"][URL]www.victorian-bulldog.co.uk[/URL][/COLOR][/B]

Comment

If your going to freeze them let them have a drink of water first - they do not lose there colour or go manky.
            If you are lazy like me either

Cover them in coke (coca cola) should do em in in half an hour and they are very bouyant

Roll them in your hands a couple at a time but they do look a bit dodgy

Comment

I tend to take all the air out of the bag and freeze them for 2 days,but they do loose colour a tad.

Comment

Pour hot, but not boiling coffee over them. This way they will not stretch or lose colour. Freezing works but there's more chance of your mrs killing you.

Comment

just buy them from tackle shop dont get a guilt thing then
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
                  X