Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Essex VDE folded....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex VDE folded....

I have just read the AT and its seems Essex have decided to call it a day...

It looks like they are struggling to get anglers,strange when you look at the calibre of angler they have always attracted.

I blame it on that Ian Didcot going to Dorking....I hope the lad is proud of himself...

what are your veiws.

shame... how could they be struggling to get anglers?? or was it more of a case that they couldnt get anglers that they thought were good enough??

Comment

I can see why they would struggle to get anglers. I'm not sure I'd be happy as part of a squad with, trying to be fair, a lot of such big personalities in it....

Plus the financial commitment to fish is massive, they split their open winnings with the team! Fishing at that level is hugely expensive, I've spent hundreds if not thousands of pounds just practicing for nationals, AT semis etc.

It is without doubt a shame though, in my opinion they were the most professional team out there, even if they haven't had the success in recent years, and I hope it doesn't indicate the things to come for other top teams!? It leads on to the prevalence of 20 peg opens, club attendances falling, AT team champs and nationals dropping leagues and team sizes. The whole competitive match angling scene is changing, for the worse in some ways, and I think this is just another manifestation of it.

Bring back kim Milsom lol
      [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by davidwhittington
        The whole competitive match angling scene is changing, for the worse in some ways, and I think this is just another manifestation of it.
        I aggree with that... after reacently getting back into fishing after a 10yr break, the whole team competition side of things whilst not dead seams very very small in comparison to what it used to be.

I guess thats a bye product of every other farmer digging a hole in a field and filling it with water. - not that im complaining about this though

Comment

more of a shock than essex VDE packing in...is the fact that Woodhouse still buys the Angling Times
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

funny Larry ive only just recovered too from the shock too
            :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
            [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
              more of a shock than essex VDE packing in...is the fact that Woodhouse still buys the Angling Times

Delivered every Tuesday 6.45am.

Comment

thanx woodhouse i know see where the blame has been directed at now!!! sorry for moving teams!

Comment

Originally posted by diddy
                  thanx woodhouse i know see where the blame has been directed at now!!! sorry for moving teams!

I'm sorry if i've offended you mate...I'm only joking.

Ian..do you think it has anything to do with all the traveling people have to do?

How can Essex say that they cant find anglers...there are a lot of bloody good anglers that would swap their right arm to fish for them...i mean, and be honest, how did you feel when you got the phonecall off clapperton to join them.
                  woodhouse
                  HanKat Angling Society.
                  Last edited by woodhouse; 1 August 2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

no lee i don't think that owt to do with it! i personally think nothing of travelling 100+miles to fish opens and team matches every weekend cum rain or shine. some things just cum to an end lee and it was majorally hard desision for me to make to leave the team/friends/sponser that i've given my all to over the 8 years. i'm soo disapointed to see the team fold, it is truely a end of a era!

Comment

if your feeling that bad how do you think think clapperton and vanderfelt feel,

Comment

Ahhhh, I see woodhouse was only joking about blaming the Essex Team folding on Ian, I'm glad to here it I was just about to give woodhouse both barrels.

Ian, now youre with Diawa don't forget I need a new T/Pro Pole / Feeder Rod & Waggler Rod..............LOL, seriously though mate I hope it all goes well.

Comment

Welcome to the site Ian.

Nice to see another class angler joining the ranks of the TA!

You must know my mate Little Marky Goddard (Stoat) now - mention to him that he needs to get a computer and get himself on here and he has no excuses now that Orange are giving away laptops.

Oh and get the rest of the team to join here too!!
                          Simon Young
                          Admin
                          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

lee,
                            they and every1 else who has or had anything to do wiv essex are all GUTTED so please don't single me out as the reason for essex folding, it ain't true so just drop it! fed up with yours and other peoples opinion on a subject they know nothing about!!
                            Thanks steve, your good luck wishes are well recieved!

Comment

yes hope ya keep drawin like ya have been for last 30 yrs! good luck wiv the new team!!!! my debut tomorrow for mine. laters
                              i gutted too by the way lee and shame on u!
                              [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"][B]AIRITY BOY
                              221 TONS[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X