Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning

This is a simple but seriouse WARNING.

Yesterdy, Sunday 5th August I fished an open match, when the all out was shouted I was like a LOBSTER (it wo'nt happen again). During the match not one umberella was being used, our umberellas are there to protect us and our bait from the rain and also from the SUN. (I know anglers are reluctant to use sun tan lotion because it interfers with the bait.)

I am now suffering because I did not put mine up, so please let us see more umberellas being used on hot sunny days for our health reasons alone.

Excellent post.

I put sun cream on on Saturday (I want to protect all my tattoos), but I waited until groundbait was mixed and balls formed, then wandered down the cut a few pegs and gave my hands a good wash (You could do this in a 3pint bait tub if you aint on an end peg?) and scrub on a clean towel. Didn't affect my bait and kept me from going pink/red

Besides, all you smokers out there probably dont think twice about the smell on your hands (Ian Heaps and his Ivy being an exception lol) so theres no excuse not to slap it on!

Just don't ask me to rub it into your back hahaha

Just be aware too that some umbrellas will NOT protect you from UV rays, and you can also get a mean sunburn from the glare on the wet.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Cheers David, on a different subject, where you live do you fish the river Avon, if so do you have any info. on it.

Comment

it is a rare ocurance that we get sun in small heath i will be selling it at the draw in future for a nominal fee....
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Put a Health warning on the packet Larry.

i.e. Can seriously damage your health.

Comment

I learnt the hard way fished a match in shorts once five hours sat and didn't get up until the end and boy did i shout scarlet red knees winning the match didn't help the pain much walked as if i'd s*** myself for the day

Comment

Working...
            X