Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

attractants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attractants

What do you advise me to use, when canal fishing, with maggott or squatt, as an extra attraction

Years ago I did use aniseed, I see people are now using Turmeric and Chile,

HOW ? what preparation

any ideas gratefully needed

cheers

HARRIERS

Does depend on your main main prey! When targetting large bream, on what was our canal stretch, I used pinkies with my groundbait which was mixed with a good helping of "touche" The bream loved it! If you find out where to buy some "touche" let me know I've run out!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

in addition to what kingfisher says, i belive that it depends on venue aswell.
      whats works on the staff's worcs canal probabally wouldnt be as good on the grand union

Comment

yes cheers, im on staffs worcs mainly kiderminster area

Comment

turmeric i used for degreasein maggots so they fell through the water quicker...chili never tried.. it but the answer to your question is maggot flavored squat the idea is to get the fish into a feeding frenzy coming of the bottom to intercept the squat, so its feeding thats more important than flavor, 15 squats all the time so its a constant fall of squat.. its an art squat fishing i am nowhere near perfection but love fishing it . couple of rigs same one shallow, one dead depth......
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Like larry said feeding is the key, As for preparation riddle all the sand off em and chuck a slice of bread soaked in milk on the top of em, they'll be twice the size by morning.

Comment

Thanks for replies, good advice

cheers
              HARRIERS

Comment

Any of you read this months match fishing?

Mark pollard on the Grand Union Canal in search of bream. His attack consisted of pellets,corn and if things wernt going well , casters and worm.
                Seems to me like nowadays pellets and corn are becoming a bait that work anywere .. so give them a shot?

Oh as proof they worked he caught shed loads of bream and roach. Also a sizeable rogue carp.
                [COLOR="Red"][B]If anyone knows any under 16's fishing clubs near stoke on trent, please pm me :p [/B][/COLOR]

Comment

there's one thing i always add to half a pint of squatts in the summer months.

another half a pint of squatts...keep them going in.

Comment

Working...
                  X