Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

a rod for the severn???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a rod for the severn???

i'm popping out tomorrow after work and was wondering whats the best rod for fishing on the severn??? I dont want to spend over £40 because I dont fish it that much but want an half decent rod that will do the job... If no specific rod springs to mind then what type of rod should I go for,,, barbel, avon, power carp etc etc.. and what test curve should I be looking at 1/2lb or 1.75lb any help and advice would be much appreciated...
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

try daiwa twighlight barbel rod 12ft 2top 11/[email protected]/4 test &#163;59 from fishermans friend bearwood

Comment

The Shimano Alivio Barbel is worth a look at around 50 quid mark or the Shimano Hyperloop Heavy feeder would also cope with Barbel and Chub and is a bit cheaper too
      [url]www.falcontackle.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I'd strongly recommend trying to get your hands on a John Wilson Avon Quiver.
        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

would a MAP POWER X FEEDER rod surfice as ive been offered one at a reasonable price but have never heard of it before.. the bloke reckons its got some power but i dont know
          :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
          [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

MAP generally make good rods, and pretty strong too but I think that one is a fairly old one. Fairly sure its not current any more.
            [url]www.falcontackle.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X