Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Isit Worth Getting a Pole? advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isit Worth Getting a Pole? advice needed

Hi all,

I have recently still been looking at a pole. However, i thought to my self isit worth me getting a pole if I'm always fishing for carp and i do like to target the big carp. I fish alot of various lakes holding all kinds of fish and heavily stocked waters from carp from 2lb - 30 lb... I do like to target the big carp and am always wanting to beat my PB whatever it is at the given time. Do you think i will beat from record on these commercial lakes more frequently if i fished the pole correctly or I did another method, if you get what im saying. I hope to hear from you and will be much apreciated if you could help me.

Many thanks, Gadz

There's a good article in Advanced Pole Fishing this month with Steve Ringer targeting large carp on the margin pole. Might be worth your while giving it a read.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Gadz you seem to answer your own question. The matchmen on this site who fish these prolific commercial fisheries with large stocks of relatively small carp perhaps up to 10 lb very occasionally manage to land a larger carp. You seem to want to catch specimen fish not large nets of smaller carp. I've seen your earlier blog and you seem to be pursuing your goal the right way. I don't think a pole is for you unless you change your goal!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

What do you mean Kingfisher! you have confused me!

Comment

hi gadz if it is large carp you are targetting im not sure a pole is worth buying. although like david said marging poles are good for big carp and you could have some fun with them, also a top of the range margin pole is very cheap in comparison to a top of the range long pole.

Comment

heard of a 36lb carp coming out on the pole not too long ago. on a tournament pro of all things! might still be worth considering poel fishing for big carp
            [url]www.falcontackle.co.uk[/url]

Comment

you ok gadz i have had a 25lb on my pole
              but i think the pole is better for carp up to 10lb but if you want to fish for big carp use a rod mate.
              but think you will have more fun with a pole and your catch rate will be higher
              [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

Don,t forget about the 32lb catfish caught on the pole.
                [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

Comment

i was like you one time, i use to use rod all the time just could not see me using something else like a pole. but that changed and i got my self a pole it was not that my catching was less then the norm it was that i could not keep up with the pole anglers in match. anglers round me on the pole were catch three fish to my one so i changed to a pole, so i could catch more fish in match's the fact is that you can fish in a more tighter space with your bait and you hit rate is faster then a rod. but that dos not mean that you can not catch big fish on the pole i have had lots of big carp on the pole the biggest to date is 21LB the bro 25LB go for it get a pole you love it

Comment

I'm not to keen on the pole either to be honest. Im more of a tip or waggler person. I agree with BUA too, the hit rate on the pole is much higher but I have seen many excellent pole people who are crap on the tip. Its all what your used to really, you may find it difficult like I did but you might get the hand quicker than others. I bought a maver deliverance ages ago, only 13mtr but does the job when needed on the tight situations. But cause I dont use it often I seem to lose more than I do on the feeder due to handling and keeping the pole upright.

Give it a go I would say but dont go spending major money on one. something cheap and affective.
                    [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

Originally posted by davidwhittington
                      There's a good article in Advanced Pole Fishing this month with Steve Ringer targeting large carp on the margin pole. Might be worth your while giving it a read.

Yea i read that too , it is worth it mate ... he landed a 17ibs one on his pole , but when ypu are buying one, make sure it can handle the odd bigger fish like this .. otherwise it will cost you.
                      [COLOR="Red"][B]If anyone knows any under 16's fishing clubs near stoke on trent, please pm me :p [/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X